Hello from central Illinois

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
Tom B

Hello from central Illinois

Post by Tom B »

I have been a fan of British automobiles for quite a while. I have owned a few MGs and a couple of Jaguar sedans. In 1977 I bought a 1968 Ford Cortina GT while in the Navy and stationed in San Diego. I enjoyed the car very much but had to sell it when I got transfered over seas. I resently got the opportunity to purchased a 1968 Ford Cortina DeLux. The car is complete and in good shape but has not run in many years. I am happy to to find this forum and look forward to seeing how others have solved the problems I am bound to run into.
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Welcome to the fold. I am sure the people here will pitch in and help when you need it. We like pictures around here, do you have any?
the older i get,the faster i went...
Bob_S

Post by Bob_S »

Hi Tom,
Welcome to another Mid-Western. I am in SE Michigan. My First car was a 1970 Cortina GT. Great little car!
Cheers
Bob
Bob_S
First car 70 Cortina GT
oldgoaly

Post by oldgoaly »

Tom
where abouts in Illinois? I'm in Shiloh, near St.Louis. Mo.
Keeping one eye on the puck and one eye on you!
reggie

Re: Hello from central Illinois

Post by reggie »

Tom B wrote:I have been a fan of British automobiles for quite a while. I have owned a few MGs and a couple of Jaguar sedans. In 1977 I bought a 1968 Ford Cortina GT while in the Navy and stationed in San Diego. I enjoyed the car very much but had to sell it when I got transfered over seas. I resently got the opportunity to purchased a 1968 Ford Cortina DeLux. The car is complete and in good shape but has not run in many years. I am happy to to find this forum and look forward to seeing how others have solved the problems I am bound to run into.
he tom this is reggie . good to see you made it in here. Hope you get that cortina running soon.That car is a beauty . You beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!
reggie
"god made Adam & Eve for a reason"
reggie

Re: Hello from central Illinois

Post by reggie »

Tom B wrote:I have been a fan of British automobiles for quite a while. I have owned a few MGs and a couple of Jaguar sedans. In 1977 I bought a 1968 Ford Cortina GT while in the Navy and stationed in San Diego. I enjoyed the car very much but had to sell it when I got transfered over seas. I resently got the opportunity to purchased a 1968 Ford Cortina DeLux. The car is complete and in good shape but has not run in many years. I am happy to to find this forum and look forward to seeing how others have solved the problems I am bound to run into.
he tom this is reggie . good to see you made it in here. Hope you get that cortina running soon.That car is a beauty . You beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!
reggie
"god made Adam & Eve for a reason"
joeyramone30

Post by joeyramone30 »

Tom B., I had my Corty sit up for 20 years and with a little work I am about to put her back on the road - luckily these are dead simple cars.