Long Time Lurker Signs On

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
pigpen

Long Time Lurker Signs On

Post by pigpen »

Greetings All,
I've been lurking for some time, although I'm not new to English Fords. I've owned a 1968 Cortina GT, a 1963 Cortina, and a 1966 Cortina GT. I am currently looking for a pre air flow Mk1 2 door.
My current cars are a 1966 Morris Mini Mk1 and a 1957 Austin A35 that needs a new home...
I'm in Federal Way, Washington, center of the known universe.
Tom Springer
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Welcome Tom,

I remember you and one of your earlier Cortinas from beck in the day (the 20th century). Hope that you find the pre-airflow model that you are looking for.

Michael
Last edited by IFHP on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
European Ford Collector
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

Thanks Michael,
It is hard to believe but that Cortina GT has been gone almost nine years. I sold the car to a fellow from Cincinnati. He flew out, drove it around the block, made an offer, then sent a shipper to pick it up. It was loaded to the bumps with extra parts as the driver of the rig pulled away. It is one of the cars I should not have let slip away.
Tom
66gt

Post by 66gt »

Hey Tom,

Glad you came to your senses and joined up to the other side of car fun. I too have Minis and thought I recognized the Pigpen sign in from Mini Mania/SAMOA forums, welcome to the other car craziness. I too am a member with SAMOA and on Mini Manias forum as GreenThumb but also own a 1966 MKI Cortina GT.
If your looking for a Cortina I sometimes stumble into people selling theirs so I will add you to the growing list. I personally don't need another Cortina but I will certainly help you find one.

Steve
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

Thanks Steve,
Several weeks ago I spotted a Mk1 body on a Scout chassis and the wheels started turning...a blank canvas was enticing...but the car sold. The body has resurfaced sans the Scout bits (a much more appealing proposition) but I don't have the time to fund such a project.
I did, however, find something that I was NOT looking for. I bougt a Fiesta! Certainly not a Cortina, but it has all the right bits and it is not a huge project. There seems to be a large group of clandestine Fiesta owners out and about. I'm looking forward to this next adventure. It will look good next to my Mini.

Tom
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Tom,

Love to see a picture of your Fiesta when you get a chance.
European Ford Collector
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

The car just arrived yesterday. I'll post pics after I wash it.
Tom