Newbie from BC

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
canadianmk3

Newbie from BC

Post by canadianmk3 »

Hi my names David, Im 16 years old and my first car is a 1972 Ford Cortina L 4 door. Its evergreen metallic with the 2.0 and 4 speed. I was introduced to the site by Ale06 from the buysellcortina uk forum. I got my Mk3 when I was 12. It was given to me and I have less than $200 into it. Ive been making all my own metal repair pieces for it. I was reading on here that as little as 16 Mk3 cortinas are known to be alive. Im not sure if mine is part of that number. It was last insired in British Columbia in 1989 with the License plate 289 MDF. Im in Langley, BC so if theres anyone else with a Mk3 cortina in the area please feel free to message me!

Thanks, I hope to find many parts on this site as shipping from the UK is not cheap and I also hope to go to many old ford shows once mine is completed sometime later this year.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Hi David,

Welcome to EnFoStuff and thanks for your post on Flickr too. Your car is not one of the Mk IIIs known to the registry, so we add another one. I look forward to following your progress and hope to see your car some day.

Michael
European Ford Collector
Ale06

Post by Ale06 »

Welcome aboard David! Nice to see you here too.
:D
Eternal life King Taunus!!
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

Welcome David from a member in the UK who went on a school visit to Dagenham in 1972, may even have seen your Cortina going down the line, lol. My father also bought a new Mk3 that year, a two door 1600L and he even allowed me to (I was 17yo then) choose the colour and some of the extras. Although we were a family of five I said it had to be a two door with sports road wheels, a radio and a black vinyl roof. It looked quite spiffy and I don't recall ever seeing another one like it. I hope you get your car done and have fun with it, they are a rare sight here these days.

Paul
canadianmk3

Post by canadianmk3 »

Im already having fun with it
Ive been driving it around the big empty lot next to our shop. The pinto goes pretty good. Its overcarbed, so it stumbles a bit but really takes off :P