One more from Vancouver B.C.

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I must say that I havn't seen a Mk3 Cortina running around on the streets for a long time but I havn't been around Langley for a long time either, I have been spending most of my time on The Sunshine Coast these days.
Steve I will have to talk to you sometime re wheel offsets when I figure out what struts I will use in my Anglia, I seem to recall that you ran into a problem when you bought your wheels?? please correct me if I am wrong.
What vintage of bike are you building?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
66gt

Post by 66gt »

I chose Panasports because they're specific to the Mk1 or shall I say made for the offset. Back in 1993 I purchased a set of Superlites from a distributor in London and when I received them they fouled on the lower strut so I put them on my Sunbeam Alpine instead. I still have a set of LoCort wheels for backups.
I'm currently working on a 1967 BMW r50/2 that has 52k on the odo but needs an engine rebuild and light cosmetics done.

Steve
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Steve,

Give me a call sometime.

- Doug (707)445-3354
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

66gt wrote:I chose Panasports because they're specific to the Mk1 or shall I say made for the offset. Back in 1993 I purchased a set of Superlites from a distributor in London and when I received them they fouled on the lower strut so I put them on my Sunbeam Alpine instead. I still have a set of LoCort wheels for backups.
I'm currently working on a 1967 BMW r50/2 that has 52k on the odo but needs an engine rebuild and light cosmetics done.

Steve
I have discovered in my experimenting that the Mk2 strut has more room than the Mk1, I am talking about the distance between inner wheel lip and the strut body. The Mk2 strut also has about 10 degrees of KPI compared to the 4 or 5 degrees of the Mk1 strut. I guess I won't buy the wheels until I finalize the stuts that will go into my Anglia. LoCort wheels would also be a good solution but getting harder to find around here?
Your old BMW should be nice when done, I remember working on a few of the old boxers when I was an apprentice. I think those old bikes are quite reliable.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
canadianmk3

Post by canadianmk3 »

Well my green Mk3 has been off the road since (I believe) 1989 but shes been parked in Langley since then.
Hopefully It will be sporting its beautiful Evergreen Metallic soon enough and on the road
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Wow 1989, your car has been off the road longer than my Anglia. Time to do some serious work.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock