Greetings from the UK

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
Welshie

Greetings from the UK

Post by Welshie »

Hello all,

I am a member of another Classic British marque forum and a member both here and there (Angliagt) gave me the details for this site. I am a long time lover of Classic Fords and as my wife is American and I'll be moving o the USA in a few years I was relieved that there is some interest out there, especially in my favourite model, the 105E.

Like I said, I am currently restoring an MGB GT V8 which will be coming with me stateside and I have owned a 1967 Anglia 105E 997cc Deluxe and about 6 Mk3 Ford Capri's (you guys call them Mercury Capri's).

What I wanted to show it though is my father's/handed down to me Anglia 105E. It's currently awaiting restoration and was last on the road in 2000 but my GT is in the queue first. I'm hoping to eventually bring this car to the USA but it depends on my father really as its very sentimental to him which is why I'm glad you can buy them in the US. He bought it in 1971 and it's been in the family ever since and my brother was very nearly born in it! He retrofitted it with a Cortina GT 1500 engine and rear axle and a 1200 gearbox so it was all synchro. Its done about 170,000 miles too! Here are some pics of its current state:

In 2000

Now

I will sadly not have much to contribute here for a while but look forward to getting to know you all and chatting all things Ford :)
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Looks like a good restorable car, I do like 105e cars but I don't currently own one, many years ago I used to run a Twin Cam Anglia and loved it. I now only have a couple of 100e. Maybe one day I will have another?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Welcome. There are quite a few members on this forum that are 105E knowledgeable. I think you'll find a 105E for sale in the States. Pete
Welshie

Post by Welshie »

Thank you both.

It's certainly restorable, I'm just hoping it stays that way! Oh a twin cam, wow I bet that was awesome. Dad says this one goes off the (90mph) speedo with the 1500 in it, the twin cam must be immense.

Actually here you can buy a twin cam looking cover for the Zetec engine, so I've seen one car with a Zetec conversion and this cover and the engine looks like a twin cam at first glance.

I've always loved the 105E, so nice to find a band of people from accross the pond that do too.
66gt

Post by 66gt »

Given your forum name it looks like you're from Wales? Welcome! I have a good friend and past forum member that live some what close to you in Bath/Freshford area that is into Anglias.

Steve
Welshie

Post by Welshie »

Small world! Thank you Steve, yes Bath is about an hour from me.

In a similar coincidence, my wife is from Washington State and we may settle there when we move :)
66gt

Post by 66gt »

Welshie wrote:Small world! Thank you Steve, yes Bath is about an hour from me.

In a similar coincidence, my wife is from Washington State and we may settle there when we move :)
Welshie,

When you move here we'll celebrate with a pint m8! :wink:
Welshie

Post by Welshie »

*Like* :D