Hi everyone, English Ford mechanic and racer here!

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
MichaelsVintageRacing

Hi everyone, English Ford mechanic and racer here!

Post by MichaelsVintageRacing »

First off, I'm glad the guys on the Lotus Cortina mailing list tipped me off to the existence of this forum! My name is Mike, and my dad and I have a vintage race shop in New York state. We work on a variety of cars including Elvas, Ginettas, and Lolas--many of which use Ford Kent-based engines. In fact, I'm currently building a 1964 Elva Courier MkIV which will use a 1500 pre-crossflow. The car nearest and dearest to my heart, though, is our 1965 Lotus Cortina:

We've been building and testing the car since 2008 and I've been the extremely lucky recipient of the majority of testing drives. (I've also recorded many of those sessions for posterity; feel free to view them at the link in my signature).

Unfortunately, the car had a bit of an....issue this past November:

As such, it's going to need a right-front fender, front valance/radiator core support, right headlight bucket ring, and hood. If anyone might know of something, feel free to share!

I'm really excited to have another source of information and media related to English Fords and hope to contribute as well!

Cheers,

Mike
Ever considered vintage racing? Learn more about it and our shop at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Welcome to the Forum, you could be another brain for us to pic?? Sorry to see your car looking that way, I hope you can find the bits to put it right.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Welcome! It's nice to see some of the people
from the other forum.

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
MichaelsVintageRacing

Brett Wilkie wrote:Welcome to the Forum, you could be another brain for us to pic?? Sorry to see your car looking that way, I hope you can find the bits to put it right.
As much as I can be, but I'm still very much in the learning phase! I"ll never turn down a question, but I might avoid a few after hearing them. :wink:
Ever considered vintage racing? Learn more about it and our shop at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

It's good when you are working with a particular line all the time you get to know what fits and what doesn't and basically what to recommend to someone that has no experience with it.
I had a look at some of the YouTube stuff there, it looks like some great fun but I had to do a double take when I saw your name. I have a friend out of Dublin with the same name and he too was into racing, back in the 90s he won the Western division in Formula ford here in Canada and he also did some Formula 2000 back in Ireland.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
MichaelsVintageRacing

Brett Wilkie wrote:It's good when you are working with a particular line all the time you get to know what fits and what doesn't and basically what to recommend to someone that has no experience with it.
I had a look at some of the YouTube stuff there, it looks like some great fun but I had to do a double take when I saw your name. I have a friend out of Dublin with the same name and he too was into racing, back in the 90s he won the Western division in Formula ford here in Canada and he also did some Formula 2000 back in Ireland.
Thanks for taking a look, I hope you enjoyed it. I'm definitely not him as I was in elementary school in the 90s, but it sounds like he would be a fun guy to be!
70CortinaGT

Post by 70CortinaGT »

Welcome
Cortinas RULE !!!