Mk2 Zephyr in Chicago 11/7 Update

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
Supergomo

Post by Supergomo »

zephyrgary wrote:The MK3 head is supposed to be good for a 25bhp bump, but again caution is needed. Most of the bump is from the exhaust manifold which is a split 3/3 pipe system that flows miles better than the hockey stick rubbish fitted as stock. Unfortunately, most say that too would foul the steering box, so beware.
Gary

Same situation with my Zodiac, father bought a Mark 2 head instead of a Mark 1, my father is checking with some guys in thr U.K. for a new exhaust manifold, the hockey stick is very restrictive.
Supergomo

Post by Supergomo »

Avmaviator wrote:Taking the Zephyr home! We're currently on the road back towards Chicago. Will get her cleaned up and more pics coming early this week.

I see you are missing the rear bumper, there is this company in Vietnam that makes new Mark 2 bumpers, they are quite nice. They are thinner than the originals, since they are made out of Stainless Steel, but they have the look! You can find them on eBay.
Supergomo

Post by Supergomo »

Avmaviator wrote:Taking the Zephyr home! We're currently on the road back towards Chicago. Will get her cleaned up and more pics coming early this week.

She sure is gorgeous, my father has a rear bumper for it, seeing as you're missing it, so shout out to me if you need a bumper.
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

I spoke to Arno a few months ago and he mentioned the Zephyr was up for sale so i'm not sure if he still has it. Pete