All About Me (Michael)

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

On "Black Friday" the streets of Christmas Village got a bit busier. What do you know? Every one seemed to be driving Euro-Fords!

105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

That's a really nice diorama Michael, I didn't know you liked model cars. Collecting them is my weakness and I have around 6,000 now of all types and makes. I see that you even have the Australian Cortina GT500 model, the unsold ones were recently sent to the UK to get rid of them. I ordered mine direct from Australia, I could have waited a couple of years and got them from a local shop at a cheaper price!

Paul
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

What are you thinking taking them out in the snow????? That just asking for rust problems :-)

-James
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Its okay – Christmas Village has a car wash too.

But seriously, I’ve been getting more into this lately. I had vowed not to get into scale car collecting, but when I visited eminent scale Ford collector Dave Turner in England in 2001, he gave me a Vanguards Mk III Zephyr 4. I joked about it at the time, but it looked lonely on the shelf by itself, and then I discovered Minichamps! However ever since I was kid I was fascinated by dioramas, and this year my kids’ interest in setting up a Christmas Village, merged with my pent up desire to put my scale Fords in front of an interesting background and here we are!

Just last week I actually bought a “O” scale model railroad enthusiast magazine, to see what might be possible. Next year’s Christmas Village might be a bit bigger.

Interesting that Classic Carlectables had to ship their remaining Cortina 500 GTs to England to sell them all. I guess everybody in OZ who wanted one, got one – they only built 2,500.

Last night I was checking 1:43 scale Fords on Germany (50 pages) and Holland (80 pages!). Fascinating stuff, but I couldn’t stay up late enough to look at them all.

6,000 scale cars! It would be great to see pictures of some of your scale Fords posted on EnFo Stuff (start a new thread).

Cheers,

Michael
Last edited by IFHP on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

It is an addictive hobby and something I have done since childhood. Of course here in the UK we are rather spoiled for choice with regular toyfairs plus a good selection of hobby shops and of course we all have access to Ebay. My collection is pretty varied as I have no themes, I just like cars, commercials, race cars, trucks etc. Everything from ACs to Zodiacs. My lounge is full of display units. I did count over 150 Anglia 105E models there and that's not all of them! If I wasn't a Luddite I would happily start a new thread but I may need to 'borrow' my friend's teenage son for that!

I have met Dave Turner a number of times, he has a great collection of Ford models. He does have very strict views on the real cars, nothing may be modified from stock! Not even a set of alloy wheels so I keep threatening to put some on my Anglia.

I'm sure your children love the Christmas Village, just needs a railroad! That's a very slippery slope if you get into that scene as well.

If you want to ask about any models feel free to PM me.

Paul :)
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

No worries Paul, I've just started a Scale Ford thread in the Reader's Rides section:

http://www.enfostuff.com/forum/viewtopi ... =3304#3304
IFHP
Site Admin

Spring 2011

Post by IFHP »

Before Sunday, I hadn't driven any of my old Fords since last October. I tried starting the Zodiac in December, but no spark. Finally had the time and weather for a tune up and an oil change. Drove the car yesterday afternoon and if a machine can feel happy, my Zody was happy.

Last edited by IFHP on Tue May 10, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
European Ford Collector
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

A larger image of my new avatar:

European Ford Collector
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

I've hardly driven my Mk III Cortina in a couple of years, never seem to have enough time to get it road worthy. So I decided to take it to a local garage that I trust. Classic Ford Parts in Holland is helping me out with parts.

Last edited by IFHP on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
European Ford Collector
fjkghia

Post by fjkghia »

Hope you get your car on the road soon and start enjoying it. What engine have you got in yours? unusual airbox :?:
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Its a Fed Spec 1600 Kent, but I don't know what the deal is with that airbox. I once parked next to a Pinto with a 1600 Kent and the this stuff was all different.
Last edited by IFHP on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
European Ford Collector
Ale06

Post by Ale06 »

Very rare air filter in this Cortina MK3!!
:shock:
Eternal life King Taunus!!
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Yours Truly, Pacific NW Import Ford Meet, June 2011.

European Ford Collector
canadianmk3

Post by canadianmk3 »

I see your daytona yellow Mk3 has the early fiberglass heater box. Be careful with that, they are notorioius for breaking.

I have no idea how you managed to find 3 Mk3 cortinas, ive had mine 4 years and only found another one in a junkyard in ontario. Someday Id like to drive my Mk3 down and chat you up, maybe get some parts off you. You have one nice collection Michael!
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Thanks David. When you have your Mk III road worthy you'll have to bring it down to the Import Ford Meet in Hillsboro, OR.

Michael
European Ford Collector