All About Me (Michael)

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Last month my friend Kevin and I went down to Portland, OR to pickup these Taunus 17M bits, engine (without head or pan), trans, wheel/strut assemblies and rear axle. EnFoStuff member Ty is working on a P2 Taunus wagon project and won’t be needing these anymore. I probably don’t need them anymore either, but they need a home.

Thanks again Ty.

Michael

IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Hey,

I'm headed out on another family road trip. If I see anything interesting Euro-Ford wise, I will be sure to report back.

Michael

As reported elswhere, I didn't see any European-built Fords in 4,000 miles of driving, but I did see some Mexican spec modern Euro-designed Fords such as this Mk II (C1) Focus sedan.

Last edited by IFHP on Sun May 03, 2009 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
IFHP
Site Admin

Happy May!

Post by IFHP »

HAPPY MAY!
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Today was a sunny day in May and I got to work on my cars, so it was a good day. My friend Kevin came over and we messed around with three of my cars. We checked the status of the Corsair and the Taunus by trying to hand crank over the engines. The Taunus cranked just fine, but not the Corsair. I last turned the Taunus over in 2005 but I hadn’t tried the Corsair since about 2001. I feel bad about that. We shot some “Mystery Oil” in to all the cylinders and I will try again in a couple of weeks.

Though I still haven’t located any brake adjustment plungers for my Mk III Cortina, I went ahead and drove it around the neighborhood even though it effectively has no back brakes. The car has basically been off the road since May ’08, so it felt good to be driving it again (started right up with year old gas and all). Unfortunately the Mk III kind of drives like a bowl full of jelly, I’m thinking that new shocks and rear end bushings might help.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

This past weekend I spent some quality time with my parts cars (for the first time in years). They have been parked in an undisclosed rural location for the better part of a decade, but this summer I will need to find new storage.

Here are the cars under their ancient car covers. Anybody want to guess what they are.

I will post pictures of them unwrapped a bit later.

Michael

Last edited by IFHP on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

The first one is a MKII Zephyr. The next one is a Taunus and I'm not sure about the last one, but I note it does have a continental kit.
the older i get,the faster i went...
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Gary,

You are so correct.

Considering that these cars have been sitting here for 5 to 10 years, it is amazing how much protection these car covers provided.

Unfortunatly I need to find new storage for these hulks this summer, which might be tough.

Michael
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

zephyrgary - "continental kit" heheheehe

-James
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

My Home Computer Crashed... and it will be two or three weeks wait for it to be fixed. That will slow down my browsing and posting quite a bit.

Have a good July, Michael :(
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

The P3 wagon arrived here this evening. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Michael
Glynn

Post by Glynn »

I like that cortina mk3 in silver , thats a rare colour over here in the u.k, nice :)
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Here are a few pictures of my new P3 Taunus

Pretty darn cute, but unfortunatly only a runner, but not a driver. I was surprised to discover a badly cracked exhaust manifold.

I also am having some trouble with the title and will have to tow the car to Shelton to have the State Patrol confirm the VIN. I have two titles, both a little off (in different ways). Before I have it retitled, I'ed like to figure out the build date as one title calls it a '63 and the other a '64. I suspect that it is a '63, first licenced in the States in '64.

Michael
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Hey, if it seems like a lot of the pictures that I’ve posted over the years are starting to disappear, it isn’t your imagination. I am reorganizing (well, organizing actually) my photobucket account and I will eventually be reposting the pictures.

Thanks,

Michael
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Amazing. 2009 was the first year since I first got into this (1998) that I did not attend a single English Car Show. Better luck next year I guess.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Stayed up too late playing with my scale Fords. I've got some nice pictures to show for it though.

http://forum.love-fords.org/showthread.php?t=782