Hello from Harold Davis

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
IFHP
Site Admin

Hello from Harold Davis

Post by IFHP »

hi i like to introduce myself. my name is harold Davis and i have enjoyed euro type fords for many years, at present i have only owned one. it was 1976 mk2 ford capri ghia, with a 2.8 v6,4 speed manual trans. it was a fun car to drive. i do miss it alot. i hope to buy a 74 mk1 capri or early cortina if i can find one in a few years. at present i do own a few american fords. a 78 pinto station wagon, a 79 bobcat hatchback,a 90 mustang lx 2.3 convert and a 93 2.3 lx mustang 2 door hardtop.i enjoy working on them alot and it keep me out of trouble, i found this site by luck when someone from another forum posted about the capri for sale. i did not know the ford anglia was imported here into the states. not it has my brain spinning. hehe i may have to make a change in plans if i find one of these. well i hope to hear from you all. yours truely cromcru

(originally posted September 12, 2007)
Last edited by IFHP on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
IFHP
Site Admin

Harold Davis

Post by IFHP »

Welcome to the forum!

The Anglia's are pretty rare in the US, but I do see them from time to time on ebay.

-James

(originally posted September 12, 2007)
IFHP
Site Admin

Harold Davis

Post by IFHP »

Welcome Harold,

Looks like you are into 2.3 OHC Limas in a big way. They are very similar to the German-built 2.0 OHC, but not identical. There was a beautiful "little old-lady" yellow '74 Capri 2000 for sale here in Olympia several years ago. I test drove it, but at the time I couldn't part with $1,000. Always have regretted it since. Hope you find your Euro-Ford.

Michael
IFHP
Site Admin

Harold Davis

Post by IFHP »

yes i am very much into the 2.3 liter "lima" motors. i have always found them to be a challenge that i enjoy. i work with both carb and efi systems. at this moment i have no personal experience with the turbo systems with svo mustang. what i plan to do with the 74 capri when i find it. give it the full euro body kit, upgrade the struts and brakes all the way around. swap out the front k member for a 75 and later model for the 2.3 liter motor. install said motor with its full efi. not sure if i will run a c5 auto trans i have or the spare t5 from a parts mustang. i may swap out the rear end for one of the modified 8 " unit i have,or use one of the fox body mustangs. have not made up my mind about either staying with the 4x4.25 lug pattern or going to the standard ford 5x4.5 lug pattern. anyhow its an adventure i plan to enjoy. a man must have a hobbie to keep him sane.curious is there enough room in a anglia for a 2.8 v6. and are the motors in it either front or rear sump. i have both versions for the v6 and 2.3 and personally i prefer the older cars. still i live in cali and dont want to give them any more money then i think they deserve or smog for that matter.

(originally posted September 13, 2007)
Last edited by IFHP on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
IFHP
Site Admin

Harold Davis

Post by IFHP »

Over in the UK they seem to be partial to putting the 2.0 4 cylinders from Ford Focus(s) into the Anglias, apparently they will bolt right up to the original transmission, and very little modification is necessary.

http://www.105speed.com/
Is a great site, with a popular forum

All I know about the 2.8 v6s, is that they are a popular conversion for Sunbeam Alpines, because of the small engine bay in those cars, so it might also fit in an Anglia.

-James

(Originally posted September 17, 2007)