Young Blood in a Zodiac

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
Nikotine450

Young Blood in a Zodiac

Post by Nikotine450 »

I picked up ZephyrGary's 64 Ford Zodiac earlier this year. 302, 4 speed toploader. I ended up buying it in Arizona and just last week I moved from Flagstaff, AZ to Las Vegas.

I honestly havent been this excited for a project in a LONG TIME. This car is strangely similar but different having come from a background in restoring classic american cars... Can't really say I followed any English Fords and I barely heard a mumble about the Cortina here in the states even though theres a strong cult following. So that left me frantically googling "Ford Zodiac" once I saw Gary's craigslist ad trying to make heads or tails before buying a car i knew absolutely nothing about! The 302/4 speed swap was really what tipped the scale for me.

Restoring cars is an exercise in patience but when you add that a majority of your parts now have to come from out of country, that's a whole new ball game! I've always been one to flip cars... and maybe i'm still in a honeymoon phase... but i think this car is a keeper.

Glad to be here!
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Welcome. Glad you finally got here but it appears you have been busy. Don't forget, if you need anything let me know. Also the guys here are a very helpful and knowledgeable lot. Phots as you progress will be appreciated.
Gary
the older i get,the faster i went...
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I like these stories with the happy endings, tell us more as it progresses.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

Welcome to the group. You have a rare car here in the States.