new to the site

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
oldnosname

new to the site

Post by oldnosname »

hi everyone I,m new here but recognise a few people, Pete from San Mateo recently told me about this place I bought his anglia estate from him many years ago then lost touch with him until a week ago , Gary from Arizona and I also go back a long way , I,m originally from the uk grew up in the motor trade and have been in california for 41 yrs. I bought the 63 cortina that a few of you saw for sale just down the road from me in Hollister , I really only went there just for curiosity sake but the owner was such a pleasant guy and the car had such a straight solid body with an engine that runs like a Swiss watch I could,nt resist , I also have a 66 lotus cortina with a 1600 bda engine a lhd thames 400e panel van missing its engine/gearbox and a 65 cortina 1500 2dr which is supposed to be a gt but I,m not entirely convinced just yet , my dad was a zodiac man growing up so old fords have always been a part of my life but I do like other british orphans and managed to rescue a couple of old mk1 jags two series one XJ^,s a 58 vauxhall and an Austin A55 van , I haven't quite figured out how to load pictures yet and have tried attaching a couple old pictures of a cortina a friend and myself built back in the early 70,s back home thanks for allowing me in. cheers. RAY
photo 034.jpeg
photo 034.jpeg (85.65 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
photo 036.jpeg
photo 036.jpeg (101.13 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
Brett Wilkie

Re: new to the site

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Welcome aboard, it looks like you have your hands full of Ford work. I know the picture posting never seemed to work for me so I use the picture posting host from another site and I just save/reuse the codes.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Hi Ray, Good to see you in this site. Keep in touch. Pete
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Welcome, youappear to have too many cars, I can take the Lotus Cortina off your hands if you like... :D
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

the lotus has turned into one of those "I might just as well " projects , I took the gearbox out about a month ago to change the clutch and fix the jumping out of reverse gear problem , when I bought the car the previous owner had thought it a good idea to paint the engine bay battleship grey when he fitted the bda engine needless to say it looked horrendous , so looking at it I got to thinking two more bolts and I can have the engine out for a repaint , that led to repainting the engine bay to new engine mounts ,new wire harness clips , oil pan gasket front and rear seals , rocker cover gasket , rebuilt starter new flywheel, new centre bearing bushing and trans mounts now I,m waiting for the header to come back from the jet coaters and the engine is still sitting on the stand, the car ran great before I took it apart , should have left well enough alone and just drove it the previous owner drove it to work every day from 1975 until he retired a few yrs ago but the reverse gear and ugly engine bay bothered me and it'll look great and won't jump out of gear when I get done .(I hope ) I have tried loading a picture of the lotus but can't seem to get it small enough to load .
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

If you are using a Widows type home computer just edit/resize your photos down to around 1100 or so pixel width, that seems to work for me. So the BDA is going back in the Cortina?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

Thanks for the info on the pictures . Yes I’m putting the bda back in purely because the car is already setup for it and I want to get it back up and running as soon as possible and enjoy driving it , a friend of mine is building a correct engine for it and wants to trade me engines but that means having it in pieces for longer and I’m not too hung up on engine correctness at this point it’s a driver not a show car
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

Ray, Welcome to the sight. great see another EnFo Owner in the Bay Area.
Joe O'dMoors

Post by Joe O'dMoors »

Welcome Ray!!!
Nice collection of cars!
I'd love to see more pics.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

oldnosname wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:40 pm the lotus has turned into one of those "I might just as well " projects , I took the gearbox out about a month ago to change the clutch and fix the jumping out of reverse gear problem , when I bought the car the previous owner had thought it a good idea to paint the engine bay battleship grey when he fitted the bda engine needless to say it looked horrendous , so looking at it I got to thinking two more bolts and I can have the engine out for a repaint , that led to repainting the engine bay to new engine mounts ,new wire harness clips , oil pan gasket front and rear seals , rocker cover gasket , rebuilt starter new flywheel, new centre bearing bushing and trans mounts now I,m waiting for the header to come back from the jet coaters and the engine is still sitting on the stand, the car ran great before I took it apart , should have left well enough alone and just drove it the previous owner drove it to work every day from 1975 until he retired a few yrs ago but the reverse gear and ugly engine bay bothered me and it'll look great and won't jump out of gear when I get done .(I hope ) I have tried loading a picture of the lotus but can't seem to get it small enough to load .
Definitely sounds like too much work, sell it (to me) I pay in multi-coloured Canadian dollars and will include the first, second and third born (all adults, all gainfully employed and all house trained) :D

As for the photos, it is a pain in the ass to fiddle around to get them to load but when they are up they look nice on the site.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Sideways wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:12 pm
oldnosname wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:40 pm the lotus has turned into one of those "I might just as well " projects , I took the gearbox out about a month ago to change the clutch and fix the jumping out of reverse gear problem , when I bought the car the previous owner had thought it a good idea to paint the engine bay battleship grey when he fitted the bda engine needless to say it looked horrendous , so looking at it I got to thinking two more bolts and I can have the engine out for a repaint , that led to repainting the engine bay to new engine mounts ,new wire harness clips , oil pan gasket front and rear seals , rocker cover gasket , rebuilt starter new flywheel, new centre bearing bushing and trans mounts now I,m waiting for the header to come back from the jet coaters and the engine is still sitting on the stand, the car ran great before I took it apart , should have left well enough alone and just drove it the previous owner drove it to work every day from 1975 until he retired a few yrs ago but the reverse gear and ugly engine bay bothered me and it'll look great and won't jump out of gear when I get done .(I hope ) I have tried loading a picture of the lotus but can't seem to get it small enough to load .
Definitely sounds like too much work, sell it (to me) I pay in multi-coloured Canadian dollars and will include the first, second and third born (all adults, all gainfully employed and all house trained) :D

As for the photos, it is a pain in the ass to fiddle around to get them to load but when they are up they look nice on the site assuming they stay 'up'

Mine seem to have disappeared...viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1838
BigFred

Post by BigFred »

Welcome to the group.

As for posting photos here, I created a free account on Flickr. I now upload my photos to that site and then use the facility on this site [Insert Image] for linking to them. (I used to upload my photos to one of my own websites and link to them there, but that no longer seems to work.)
...Fred
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

Sideways wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:15 pm
Sideways wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:12 pm

As for the photos, it is a pain in the ass to fiddle around to get them to load but when they are up they look nice on the site assuming they stay 'up'

Mine seem to have disappeared...viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1838
if you could find me a few nice zodiac/zephyrs , maybe a couple A40 pickups or Bedford ca vans we might be able come to terms I,ve always trouble walking away from any of those .
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

BigFred wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:35 pm Welcome to the group.

As for posting photos here, I created a free account on Flickr. I now upload my photos to that site and then use the facility on this site [Insert Image] for linking to them. (I used to upload my photos to one of my own websites and link to them there, but that no longer seems to work.)
...Fred
thanks feed I,ll take a look , I like you're little 300e by the way when I was a lad in the 50,s my dad was a motor trader back in Blighty dealing in heavy commercials , light vans and pickups, I spent half my life driving with him to an auction or another dealership in a 300e van , Bedford van a40 pickups and Morris vans and pickups , I had a lhd 105e van about 10 yrs ago that Gary on here told me about but I much prefer a 300e , I,m getting too old and weary to take on big projects nowadays ,but would like to find a driver one day with a more modern ford power plant
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

DSCN9712.jpg
DSCN9712.jpg (6.34 KiB) Viewed 6896 times
DSCN9712.jpg
DSCN9712.jpg (6.34 KiB) Viewed 6896 times