new to the site

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
oldnosname

Re: new to the site

Post by oldnosname »

I managed to get this picture reduced enough to get it posted , not very good however a bit too small now
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

DSCN0258.jpg
DSCN0258.jpg (119.62 KiB) Viewed 6840 times
DSCN9751 2.jpeg
DSCN9751 2.jpeg (56.49 KiB) Viewed 6840 times
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

oldnosname wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:36 pm
Sideways wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:15 pm
Sideways wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:12 pm

Definitely sounds like too much work, sell it (to me) I pay in multi-coloured Canadian dollars and will include the first, second and third born (all adults, all gainfully employed and all house trained) :D

As for the photos, it is a pain in the ass to fiddle around to get them to load but when they are up they look nice on the site assuming they stay 'up'

Mine seem to have disappeared...viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1838
if you could find me a few nice zodiac/zephyrs , maybe a couple A40 pickups or Bedford ca vans we might be able come to terms I,ve always trouble walking away from any of those .
:D There is a Bedford (Cara)van on BaT at the mo, can't help with the Zephyrs etc though there are a couple in my area;

I should throw up my badly written "Tale of two Cortinas" on this site but it is long and boring (does include two Mk1 Lotus Cortinas though :D )
Joe O'dMoors

Post by Joe O'dMoors »

That Cortina is lovely :shock:
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Joe O'dMoors wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:53 pm That Cortina is lovely :shock:
All Cortinas are!
sho.jpg
sho.jpg (132.77 KiB) Viewed 6832 times
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

very clean look installation , is that a taurus should engine
Joe O'dMoors

Post by Joe O'dMoors »

Holy Moly!! :lol:
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Sideways wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:15 pm
Sideways wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:12 pm
oldnosname wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:40 pm the lotus has turned into one of those "I might just as well " projects , I took the gearbox out about a month ago to change the clutch and fix the jumping out of reverse gear problem , when I bought the car the previous owner had thought it a good idea to paint the engine bay battleship grey when he fitted the bda engine needless to say it looked horrendous , so looking at it I got to thinking two more bolts and I can have the engine out for a repaint , that led to repainting the engine bay to new engine mounts ,new wire harness clips , oil pan gasket front and rear seals , rocker cover gasket , rebuilt starter new flywheel, new centre bearing bushing and trans mounts now I,m waiting for the header to come back from the jet coaters and the engine is still sitting on the stand, the car ran great before I took it apart , should have left well enough alone and just drove it the previous owner drove it to work every day from 1975 until he retired a few yrs ago but the reverse gear and ugly engine bay bothered me and it'll look great and won't jump out of gear when I get done .(I hope ) I have tried loading a picture of the lotus but can't seem to get it small enough to load .
Definitely sounds like too much work, sell it (to me) I pay in multi-coloured Canadian dollars and will include the first, second and third born (all adults, all gainfully employed and all house trained) :D

As for the photos, it is a pain in the ass to fiddle around to get them to load but when they are up they look nice on the site assuming they stay 'up'

Mine seem to have disappeared...viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1838
I remember we were talking about a Fiat powered Cortina that you bought from Fred I think, do I remember correctly? Anyway I was looking through my hard drive and found a few pictures of Fred's white Cortina at the 2006 ABFM.
And this blue BDA Cortina as well at the 2008 event.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

some nice cars there .
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

oldnosname wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:24 pm very clean look installation , is that a taurus should engine
Just the intake, I passed on the SHO install due to the weight and a couple of other issues, as well as the Zetec, the Miata, The Pinto, The KA24DE and a couple of others and stuffed an S2000 drivetrain in, photos are (or were) on this site somewhere, search for FROD Cortina :D

Cortinas rule!
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Yes Brett, that white one was the one I abused with that transplant!

Thanks for posting the photos.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Joe O'dMoors wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:48 am Holy Moly!! :lol:
Didn't put the SHO motor in, 220hp wasn't enough, so I went for 240hp! (S2000)
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Welcome Ray. Glad that you found us.
European Ford Collector
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

thanks I,m still looking for a pair of front seats for my 63 cortina id anyone out there has a couple