I guess im new...new to here anyhoo

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
BitchinMachine

I guess im new...new to here anyhoo

Post by BitchinMachine »

I couldnt decide wether to torment James and Mike (hi guys)with some 'spammer' name like I did elsewhere! :lol: ..(gottawoodie) :wink:

so I decided to go with the name of my 1st 1957 Thames...
.."the Bitchin Machine"
:wink:

prelude; My Dad bought me a 1951 Prefect when i was 10 years old(to keep me out of his hair, and his garage) :lol:..I kept it till I was about 19 8)

Chapter 1;..the BM missed being my 1st car by about a week!(got beat out by a 61 impala,409,4spd).... but the BM started an ugly addiction :wink:

Long story short...I'm over 50 now..and have owned over 20-100's and a few 105's...
still have a 1958 Anglia,37,000 orig miles,but in my youth..it seemed like a good idea to put a 2800V6 in it!...(sorry to the diehards)
(although..it has not seen the light of day in 15 years)

and I still have(sorta..my dad and I, that story some other time :wink: )a 59 Thames...which also got the 2600V6 treatment!...and gets driven!!

I lost the addiction a long time ago...but not the fascination...I sold the BM and its 5 brothers and sisters about 7 years ago...and they still haunt me :lol:
3 sellers later...they now belong to a guy I went to school with and he calls me looking for parts :lol: :lol:

I still have a crap load of parts..and the 2 above mentioned!

dont know how much I'll be around...mind ya ..when James mentioned the plan for this site...I remember thinking....
...NAH...I dont need another forum.. :roll: ....yet....here I am :lol:
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

BM,

Welcome to EnFoStuff. Sounds like you have a long history with these cars – would love to see some old pixs if you’ve got ‘em. I admit to being and original condition purist, but I must admit that updating the drivetrain on the 100Es sure make them more user friendly.

You know James from before? Where are you located?

Michael
BitchinMachine

Post by BitchinMachine »

yup..like i said..1st thames at 16...50+ now...still have some!! :wink:
I guess that qualifies as awhile :lol:

and I know you and J from the Merc board :wink:
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

A 61 Impala with a 409 and 4-speed as your first car? I think that's pretty cool being as I used to own a 61 with a 348. Now have a 59 Impala with a tri-power 348 and 4-speed as well as my 105E. I am just a bit envious as I have always wanted a 409 car!

Paul
BitchinMachine

Post by BitchinMachine »

105epaul wrote:A 61 Impala with a 409 and 4-speed as your first car? I think that's pretty cool being as I used to own a 61 with a 348. Now have a 59 Impala with a tri-power 348 and 4-speed as well as my 105E. I am just a bit envious as I have always wanted a 409 car!

Paul
yup...that Chevy was the reason I've never owned 1 since!!! :lol:
but i went horribly wrong with my kid(he likes GM) :evil: ...he has 4 59 Chevy wagons!! :lol: ..(only 1 is a 348 car)
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

I would have taken the 61 off your hands! Your kid has the right idea, 4 59 wagons, now that is kool. I would like just one. tell your son I like his style! Actually I like all sorts of vehicles but do have a thing for GM stuff. And Mopars. But lots of stuff floats my boat! Good that you have owned Anglia 105Es, my all time favourite small car. My dad had a 59 100E Anglia and a succession of Cortinas and Zephyrs so we were a Ford family when I grew up in the 60s/70s. No Austins for us!

Paul
BitchinMachine

Post by BitchinMachine »

"no Austins" :lol:
..well i cant say that..I had a 61' A40 and a 49' A40 P/U...at some point
waaay back :wink:
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

A 61 A40, that must be rare in the States. A cousin has one in his garage, very clean body and he put a tuned 1275 Sprite motor in it which made it fun. Also has Sprite discs and wide steels, it is kind of cute and he did offer it to me a while back. May take him up on it someday. Now if it had been a 105E it would have been mine by now! Sounds like you have had some interesting vehicles, what do you have these days? I've owned around 60 cars I think, a mix of British/American/Japanese and a lone Swede.

Paul
BitchinMachine

Post by BitchinMachine »

actually Paul..I'm in White Rock BCCanada....ive tried in vain to edit my 'profile'...but the 'profile' section wont let me change anything :lol:
I hate computers!! :twisted:

I usually try to avoid the "how many" talk :lol:
lets just say...'had'..over 400
....'have'...bout 20.. :wink: ...only the 2 Enfos tho 8)