Hello from California

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
Alex

Hello from California

Post by Alex »

Hello all, this is Alex from Sacramento, California.

Stef and I have owned our 1960 105e for almost 6 years - the second time around. I owned the same car almost twelve years ago, but had to sell due to moving and finishing up school and so on. I was stunned when my best friend found the car abandoned at a mechanics garage, and I immediately struck a deal and bought it back.

I'm very happy to have found this site, and wanted to say hello to all.

Here is our car:

I will share my progress on maintenance and updating our Anglia as well as ask for valuable advice as we plod along.

cheers
Alex
Last edited by Alex on Wed May 14, 2008 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Is this Alex Z?
My name's Doug,& I looked at your car a few
years ago (drove from Eureka to Sac,& back,-
- in one day).
I'm glad to see you're doing something with
it.Are those Melee stickers in the second picture?
I'm thinking about doing that this year.
Are you coming up to the Woodland British meet
this weekend?Would be nice to see you again.
WELCOME!

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi Doug, yes it is, how are you?

I'm a bit foggy as to when you came down, but send me a PM and let's catch up. If I recall correctly, you have a very nice Cortina, correct? Any other Enfo's?

Those are Alpine 500 stickers on the car which was a 500 mile rally, now known as the Snowball rally. What a blast.

Woodland British meet?? Where, what day? We have a wedding to attend this weekend, but boy am I good at "squeezing it all in"!

Cheers
Alex
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Alex,

Welcome. I remember when you were a NAEFR (now EFONA) member a few years back. Glad that you have the car back and the enthusiasm is pumping again. That Alpine 500 tour looks like fun.

Michael
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi Michael, it's great to get back in touch! Fact is we've just been hermits.

The shorter distance rallies suit us best especially for smaller cars, and the Alpine (now Snowball rally) is ideal. We've done longer ones that are over 1000 miles (in our 510), and boy do they take a toll, both on the car and us!!
BitchinMachine

Post by BitchinMachine »

from 1 newbie to another...HOWDEE...cute car..neat story!!

isnt it great to find a board where people can call your car "cute" and it doesnt offend anyone?? :lol:
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

Hi Alex,

That's a nice Anglia. I have an early production 59 105E which is very original. Angleboxes are indeed very cute and that is what I hear when I've shown pictures of it to people in the USA when I have visited. About time I came over again!

Paul
Alex

Post by Alex »

Halo all, and cute is fine! My fiance' has some pretty funny pet names for it that make the word "cute" sound like "blood thirsty mean gobbler bone cruncher".

Sorry I took off the Alpine pic, I hadn't asked for permission from the owner. I will post a gallery of the event as soon as I build it.

And Paul, come on over anytime!

Cheers
Alex