Hello

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
joeyramone30

Hello

Post by joeyramone30 »

Well, where to start. I live in a suburb of Memphis TN and I have owned 3 '69 4dr Cortinas and on '67 Cortina My first Cortina was a '69 4dr purchased new by my dad in Memphis (I still have the leather key fob). He passed this car to me which I totalled out a year later. I purchased a Red '69 Cortina 4dr from a local salvage yard that told me to come and get it before it went to the crusher (two already went accidentally). That car was very rusty from sinking into the ground, but I did get some good trim and doors off of it. The gold Cortina (also a '69 4dr) is my current project which has been sitting for 20 years (yup, I just found the title) and was intended to be an auto-x car and not roadworthy but since fuel went up and my Bravada is close to 200k, I've changed my mind. The car had been backed into a pole (I guess) so I saved the rear from the white car to fix this on
I am going to drive this one to work in the condition is is in while I work my '67 Cortina which is in pretty good shape.
Unfortunately my machinist has lost?? my 1500 block so I may just swap in a stock Zetec but keep the rest factory.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Joey,

Welcome to EnFoStuff. Thanks for posting the pictures and sharing your story with the rest of us. The Mk I looks nice. That really galls me that you machinest lost your 1500 block (though I have heard similar stories about other hard find engines and transmissions). From your quotation marks -- do you suspect that the engine was actully stolen? The 1500 were once a popular Formula Ford engine. Also people restoring Morgans and other low volume British sports cars of the Sixties are looking for these.

Michael
joeyramone30

Post by joeyramone30 »

I think he forgot who it belonged to and sold it, but his shop is so disorganized it might still be in there somewhere - although he mainly does racing engines he does deal with interesting stuff - there is a complete Corvair turbo six next to the front door, he also has a customers car stuffed in the corner - I think it is a Jensen 541.
Dave A

Post by Dave A »

Hi Joey
Welcome to the site. Nice cars and keep us updated on your progress.