Hello from an EnFo half brother, or... something.

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
LittleBlueTruck

Hello from an EnFo half brother, or... something.

Post by LittleBlueTruck »

Hello,
I'd like to join your group, but I don't technically have an English Ford. I have a Sabra! Made in Israel in 1961, it has an English Ford engine, which I believe is an (Anglia) 105E. My aim is to share stories and learn a thing or two from others who may experience problems similar to mine, and, exchange info when it comes to quests for parts. Enfostuff has already proven quite helpful, as I've followed your links to parts dealers for my most recent "emergency". Thanks!!!
1961 Sabra Sussita, powered by EnFo.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

LBT,

I believe that Sabra used the "big" EnFo I-4, that being the 1700 from the Consul and the 400E Thames. The Anglia 997 was quite small.

Where are you located?

Michael
LittleBlueTruck

Post by LittleBlueTruck »

I'm in Raleigh, NC.
You're right about the engine being quite small... this vehicle is not the quickest thing on the road! At first, I thought it was a Cortina engine, but the more I've read, and the more I poked around on my own engine, all things point to the 105E, in my uneducated guess. The number 105E 6015 can be seen on the side of the engine. Also, the engine number on the vehicle ID plate is 105 196112. Maybe the engine you mention is found in the Sabra Sport?
Glenn-
1961 Sabra Sussita, powered by EnFo.