MK 2 C/Z/Z

janus55

MK 2 C/Z/Z

Post by janus55 »

I`m looking for the following parts for a MK 2 1958 H/L Zephyr convertible and parts to complete a L/L disc brake upgrade to it. I live in the UK but feel I need to cast my net further, as I`m not having much luck finding the parts here. So if anyone can help please contact me

1) H/L Wheel trim rings solid metal chrome rings (standard for Zodiac) not the later alloy ones Pt no E10-WG-2 x 5
2) H/L Cigarette lighter knob gold toned centre not the clear insert L/L one (or complete unit)
3) H/L // L/L Clock mounting plate metal plate sits behind the headlining (not the surround itself) Pt E636-AA-2
The following parts would all be from a 62 L/L disc brake model
4) Air pipe (servo to tank) clamps to front panel Pt no E62A-1477-A x 2
5) Clip to hold 2 brake pipes together Pt no E36-FF-2 x 3
6) Clamp to hold 2 brake pipes together to inner wing Pt no 118519-ES x 2 (as I brought 1 from Pete Snyder)
Last edited by janus55 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
zodiman

Re: MK 2 C/Z/Z

Post by zodiman »

contact kev at zodiac motors he should beable to help you for most of what you want all the disk brake equipment as pretty common in the uk if your on face book join all the zephyr zodiac forums as this stuff comes up for sale on the very regular ,except the wingard mirrors as they are very very very very rare to get hold of second hand ones as near impossible good luck with that part of the list
janus55

Post by janus55 »

Hi There
Thank you for your reply Yes I have tried Kevin at Zodiac motors I`ve known him for 25yrs+. The big stuff for the disc brake set up is out there, but it gets snapped up quickly. Then I also know people who have the parts, but are happy to let it sit on a shelf in the shed. This is can be very frustrating as I am going to use it, plus I`m happy to pay what it takes for that to happen. The thing with the parts I`m looking for is they are the parts that got left behind on the cars. All the old style scrap yards have long gone so there is no source, occasionally cars are broken up but not often. I am also looking at Australia and New Zealand as a source the yards and parts are out there. As to you wanting an O/D box one just sold (complete) last weekend on ebay for a bit under £700 they also had the cut out cable sold separately about £60. This was I think a good buy and for you out there a must with the open roads. Anyway Keep safe Kind regards Simon
zodiman

Post by zodiman »

Hi
i did see that overdrive box but it is a rhd one which i have , i need a left hand drive one im also located in new zealand so hence my problem , as for sourcing the disc brake parts from here in nz you will not find stuff like that lying around in scrap yards here at all as that stuff will get snapped up straight away ,and you wouldn't find mk2s in scrap yards here those days are long gone here to ,as for australia id say its probably same situation there to and if ya do manage to source from there trying to ship or post heavy parts is very expensive i have found ,Jump on the face book groups and i reacon all ya problems will be sorted alot quicker as there you can openly ask for help for parts ,as there are alot of uk enthusiast on there

good luck
janus55

Post by janus55 »

Hi thanks for the reply I thought the overdrive unit wasn`t handed only the G/box itself? as the unit bolts on the back. But I can`t look at the one on the car I`m buying as its still over in France, waiting for me to collect!! I am in contact with Horopito over with you in New Zealand they maybe able to help as they have at least a couple in their yard. The parts are all small so the post will be affordable, the only big part would be the wheel trim rings. I have some leads over here but lockdown has got in the way. Cheers Simon
zodiman

Post by zodiman »

the gear boxes are different from left hand to right hand the only thing the same is the clutch stays on the same side rest gear linkages other side as well as the od gearbox i have the spacing plate that goes between the standard box and od but not the back half if you ever come across one and dont want it i would be very very interested ,i have a set of mint highline trims for the wheels on a highline but im not sure were i have put them as i have moved house if i come across them as they were put in a box theres lots of boxes it would take me a day or even days to find them i will let you .your car is a convertible ?? white ??
janus55

Post by janus55 »

Hi yes the car is white a 58 LHD convertible with a power hood and O/D I have agreed to buy it, but need go over to check it out . Covid has rather got in the way, I had ferry tickets and hotel booked last may then again in sept so hopefully at some point this year!!!! The wheel trim rings sound lovely and I would be very interested in them. When time permits please could you have a look for them and let me know what you would like for them. They would be going on the car and I know would look lovely with the medallions I found. As for your G/ box I don`t know anyone with one, but more eyes looking for one is a help so you never know! Keep safe Kind regards Simon
zodiman

Post by zodiman »

have sent you a private message
janus55

Post by janus55 »

Hi There No but can I ?? as I`m new.
janus55

Post by janus55 »

zodiman wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:06 pm have sent you a private message
Hi hope you are well not heard anything back from you did you get the messages I sent? Kind regards simon