CL-1939 Thames English Ford Panel Van Truck - LHD Stock or Hot Rod Wagon - $9,900 (OR)

stanchfi
Site Admin

CL-1939 Thames English Ford Panel Van Truck - LHD Stock or Hot Rod Wagon - $9,900 (OR)

Post by stanchfi »

1939 Thames English Ford Panel Van Truck - LHD Stock or Hot Rod Wagon - $9,900 (Salem, Oregon)

This is a cool little project, that honestly I am not going to get to, well maybe I might, lol. I have had had it since 2018, last time I had it running was 2019, but I fire it up for you with some ether or some gas down the carb, it runs very good actually. The water pump was leaking the last time I drove it in 2019, so I just parked it and other projects got in the way to return. We decided to clear out some of our long term patients that we have not worked on recently, so this one is on the list to find a new home. It would make a sweet little rig. Its a 1939 Thames E38W Panel Van. This is an English Ford/Fordson Panel Van Truck, they built these from 1939-57. We were originally going to use it as a little display rig, little parts runner, with our logo on it, and just have a great time with it. Overall condition is very good, a tiny bit of rust behind the rear wheel on the drivers side in the back. I love the shape of this thing, very unique, and the rear fenders are really cool how they swoop back. This is a Left Hand model, which is pretty rare most of these obviously were right hand drive. Everything is completely, I have driven it before, and its a neat little thing. Right now, I am selling it inopt, if I get it running and driving I will probably get it ready for BaT, but its long on my list to get going at this point. Has Title, and Matches the original Ford Vin tag on the firewall. Denewerks Vintage Car Shop Da0612, Salem. Thanks for taking a peak at this little guy. Asking $9900 OBO/Trade.

https://salem.craigslist.org/cto/d/sale ... 02645.html

-James
oldnosname

Re: CL-1939 Thames English Ford Panel Van Truck - LHD Stock or Hot Rod Wagon - $9,900 (OR)

Post by oldnosname »

would be a great little van to putz around town in for about half of the asking price , my dad was a commercial dealer in the uk when I was a kid in the 50,s these were part of his stock in trade back then and a lot of small shopkeepers had one , they made a pickup version also and those could be found with small builders .have seen one in the flesh for donkeys years .