1959 German Taunus Wagon - $7500

Bob_S

1959 German Taunus Wagon - $7500

Post by Bob_S » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:08 pm

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/ ... 41070.html

For sale is a unique wagon of the fifties not seen in the U.S. It is built in Germany and sold in France. Suspect a GI shipped it home from his time in the military.
It has a 4 cyl with a column shift 3 speed. I have gone through the brake system with rebuilt wheel cyl. And new hoses. It still needs the master resleeved but thinking most that would purchase would upgrade the whole drivetrain so havnt addressed that yet.
The front seat was comprised as well as the headliner from rodents so both have been redone as well windlace and door seals replaced. I also decided the cracked dash pad was unsightly so I recovered and padded a new one .
I had a set of vintage torque thrust wheels that I installed for a period correct look
Inspecting the overall condition of the sheetmetal I found some compromised floor pans and replaced those . Other than a few small spots the car is in exceptional condition and could be used in its preserved Patina condition
Car comes with a clear title and will still need a few things to make into a driver the way it is. But as stated earlier most will no doubt make this into quite the family cruiser with late model upgrades
Bob_S
First car 70 Cortina GT