Radiator Hoses

BigFred

Radiator Hoses

Post by BigFred »

Can someone please buy this lot of Enfo hoses and sell me one of the 100E top hoses? :D
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Britannia-Lot- ... 3752168687
Brett Wilkie

Re: Radiator Hoses

Post by Brett Wilkie »

It is tempting and there are some there that I could use, those New Prefect top hoses would be nice but those do look like old school type hoses and I bet they are as hard as rock? I had to go to an auto parts store and go through their hose catalogue until I found one that I could cut/fit. It is not pretty but it works and the material is modern.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
BigFred

Post by BigFred »

Brett Wilkie wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:30 pm It is tempting and there are some there that I could use, those New Prefect top hoses would be nice but those do look like old school type hoses and I bet they are as hard as rock? I had to go to an auto parts store and go through their hose catalogue until I found one that I could cut/fit. It is not pretty but it works and the material is modern.
That's probably what I'll end up doing for top & bottom hoses. Can't find any at a reasonable price in North America. I did ask that ebay seller if he would consider selling me one from that lot but he never replied.
mark

Post by mark »

The folks at NAPA and Advance Auto got to know me from going there all the time.....so they turned me loose in their back room to "browse" thru their hoses that were hanging on the wall. I eventually found some that could be cut and they worked quite well.
Your local parts store probably would let you look too...especially when you tell them what you are working on.
enfoprefect

Post by enfoprefect »

Last time I needed a top hose for my '48 Prefect, the local Pep Boys store let me browse through there supply until I found one I could make work.
Bayless
1948 Prefect E93A
http://sailok.com/enfoprefect