Lotus Cortina MK1 '67

Post Reply
peteleo
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:57 am
Location: San Mateo,California

Lotus Cortina MK1 '67

Post by peteleo » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:19 pm


Brett Wilkie
Posts: 1615
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:42 pm
Location: Vancouver British Columbia Canada

Re: Lotus Cortina MK1 '67

Post by Brett Wilkie » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:03 pm

I wonder if this is the same car that I used to see on Craigslist when I stayed in Palm Springs? I loved going through Craigslist on my vacations there, I would imagine buying something nice down there and driving it back to Canada.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock

Sideways
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:58 pm
Location: Delta BC Canada

Re: Lotus Cortina MK1 '67

Post by Sideways » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Brett Wilkie wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:03 pm
I wonder if this is the same car that I used to see on Craigslist when I stayed in Palm Springs? I loved going through Craigslist on my vacations there, I would imagine buying something nice down there and driving it back to Canada.
If genuine - and it looks it to me - you will have to bring a big bag of cash for this one.

If only I had kept mine, he sobbed...

Brett Wilkie
Posts: 1615
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:42 pm
Location: Vancouver British Columbia Canada

Re: Lotus Cortina MK1 '67

Post by Brett Wilkie » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:12 pm

Sideways wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:17 pm
Brett Wilkie wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:03 pm
I wonder if this is the same car that I used to see on Craigslist when I stayed in Palm Springs? I loved going through Craigslist on my vacations there, I would imagine buying something nice down there and driving it back to Canada.
If genuine - and it looks it to me - you will have to bring a big bag of cash for this one.

If only I had kept mine, he sobbed...
Yes, I wish that I had kept mine too even though it was a mk2. I think my Lotus buying days are over as my wife has done some serious damage to the bank accounts with another house purchase.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock

zephyrgary
Posts: 1085
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: cave creek,az

Re: Lotus Cortina MK1 '67

Post by zephyrgary » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:58 pm

I had this question on the other thread, but it might be better here...


Who was it on here who had a Mk2 Lotus for sale a few years back for around $12K. It was not a green and white car but I kick myself every once in a while for not buying it. Prolly as much as the seller does for selling it!
Gary in AZ
the older i get,the faster i went...

Brett Wilkie
Posts: 1615
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:42 pm
Location: Vancouver British Columbia Canada

Re: Lotus Cortina MK1 '67

Post by Brett Wilkie » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:45 pm

zephyrgary wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:58 pm
I had this question on the other thread, but it might be better here...


Who was it on here who had a Mk2 Lotus for sale a few years back for around $12K. It was not a green and white car but I kick myself every once in a while for not buying it. Prolly as much as the seller does for selling it!
Gary in AZ
Was the car dark green? I seem to recall something like that but that's all I know for now.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock

zephyrgary
Posts: 1085
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: cave creek,az

Re: Lotus Cortina MK1 '67

Post by zephyrgary » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:20 am

Don't remember...
the older i get,the faster i went...

Brett Wilkie
Posts: 1615
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:42 pm
Location: Vancouver British Columbia Canada

Re: Lotus Cortina MK1 '67

Post by Brett Wilkie » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:18 pm

I guess we will see the Lotus come up for sale again and again? The reserve not met, everybody thinks their car is worth a Gillion dollars these days.
Image
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock

Post Reply