Brett Wilkie

302 Powered Mk2 Cortina BAT

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
zephyrgary

Re: 302 Powered Mk2 Cortina BAT

Post by zephyrgary »

Very well done, but not my style. Both my MK1 V8s had fairly stock interiors including door cards but better front seats. More sleeper style. Plus, I think this would be a bit noisy interior wise, although at my age and being partly deaf, that isn't a consideration any more. Ha!
the older i get,the faster i went...
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Brett Wilkie wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:08 am Too bad there is no driving video.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969- ... 2023-10-04
Finally put a driving video up, short one with short shifts but at least we know it drives
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

That video does hint at the potential of the Cortina and I am convinced that it is quick without seeing it at full tilt, I just noticed in one of the photos that the driveshaft is somehow rubbing against what looks like a seatbelt bolt, that must make some noise??
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Brett Wilkie wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:49 am That video does hint at the potential of the Cortina and I am convinced that it is quick without seeing it at full tilt, I just noticed in one of the photos that the driveshaft is somehow rubbing against what looks like a seatbelt bolt, that must make some noise??
is that the normal position for the driveshaft, seems offset.
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Here's a thought. The guy who built my cars, and many more, would use an 8" from a Pinto or Mustang 11. The diff was offset this builder used an unaltered axle. Or not...
Gary in AZ so he would get a second axle and use the two shorter axle tubes to make a centered and slightly narrower assembly to fit a MK1. Also PDC was identical. A MK 2 is, I think, a bit wider so maybe the builder used an unaltered axle, or not...
Gary in AZ
the older i get,the faster i went...