CL-1953 English Ford UTE - $3,500 (CO)

stanchfi
Site Admin

CL-1953 English Ford UTE - $3,500 (CO)

Post by stanchfi »

1953 English Ford UTE - $3,500 (Loveland)

1953 English Ford UTE
$3,500 OBO
No title
Complete original
Ran when parked

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/ ... 73992.html

-James
zephyrgary

Re: CL-1953 English Ford UTE - $3,500 (CO)

Post by zephyrgary »

Gotta be Aussie. I don't think we sold utes in the UK.
Gary in AZ
the older i get,the faster i went...
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Yes, most likely an Australian vehicle and it is kind of neat but it just might cost more than it's worth to get it back on it's feet? The trouble these days is that many people think their cars are worth way more than reality, you could get her up and running again but be prepared to just keep it after that.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

definetly an Aussie only built unit , i,ve imported a few myself from oz to the uk including a prefect version which they also built over there , I saw a running driving anglia version at the famoso drags a few yrs ago , not a bad price for this one really when you consider what it costs to get it here not cheap nowadays if I was a few yrs younger I,d love to have this one but I know I,d never get it done .
Last edited by oldnosname on Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
mark

Post by mark »

just curious....
AI (google gemini) says the following:

"The Ford Anglia/Prefect Ute (1950s) was a unique vehicle that combined the chassis and front cabin of a Ford Anglia or Prefect car with a custom-built tray in the back. This conversion created a car-based ute that was perfect for the Australian market.
These utes were not factory-produced by Ford England, but rather modified by Ford Australia to suit the needs of their customers."

I was wondering what the ute model would be called... thinking it might be a Thames or something different. So i asked AI and it also said:
"So, while there wasn't an official model name, they might be referred to generally as "Ford Anglia Ute" or "Ford Prefect Ute" to identify the base car used for the conversion."

I have never seen the 50's UTE...I kinda like them. Can the experts out there confirm AI's results?
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

I,ve imported both from oz to the uk and they were both called anglia & prefect all the Aussie,s I know and dealt with called them the same, they had quite a few car based utes that only Australia had such as the mk 2 zephyrs which quite a few have made their way to Blighty , the zephyr utes used to be everywhere over there and pretty cheap but once they started to leave the country the Aussie,s caught on and now they are expensive .
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

I,ve imported both from oz to the uk and they were both called anglia & prefect all the Aussie,s I know and dealt with called them the same, they had quite a few car based utes that only Australia had such as the mk 2 zephyrs which quite a few have made their way to Blighty , the zephyr utes used to be everywhere over there and pretty cheap but once they started to leave the country the Aussie,s caught on and now they are expensive .
Attachments
a cracking zephyr ute I bought in Perth about 8 yrs ago and sent it to my cousin in Blighty should have brought it here and kept it
a cracking zephyr ute I bought in Perth about 8 yrs ago and sent it to my cousin in Blighty should have brought it here and kept it
IMG_1813.jpg (97.37 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

That is a nice one, you should have kept it.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

I really should have ,it belongs to one of the Harris family members now they are very well known in the uk for modified zephyrs I,m sure Gary knows them apparently its now V8 powered but still the same colour and different wheels , I think he took out the zodiac grille and put a zephyr one back in .
Last edited by oldnosname on Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

The Harris family are renowned for their tuned 4 cylinder Ford motors, often of unbelievable displacement due to boring and stroking.
Gary in AZ
the older i get,the faster i went...
oldnosname

Post by oldnosname »

and ford V8 transplants in mk1/mk2 fords over the last 40yrs must be the 3rd generation of the original south London Harris brothers by now I,d think