anglia

For posting photos and information about your cars
cortinalodi

anglia

Post by cortinalodi »

IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

That should solve any questions about what kind of car it is!
European Ford Collector
cortinalodi

ouch

Post by cortinalodi »

and I though this was a civil site......................

IT HAS ALL THE FORD STICKERS SO ALL OF YOU NON CALIFORNIANS WOULD BE ABLE TO RECOGNIZE IT WITHOUT THE RUST HOLES
cortinalodi

progress on anglia

Post by cortinalodi »

despite criticism this thing is looking pretty bitchin

front suspension is a combination of Koni coil overs,mk2 cortina lower control arms and steering arms, 1 1/8 front sway bar, milton camber plates and poly bushes thru out.
I am redesigning the front sway bar mount to a set up similar to cortina

the rear is De arched 145# leaf with a lowering block, telescope shocks, with the milton anti tramp bars

needs a trip to Evil Genius racing for a little quality welding

then I need to blow the dust off some of the Old GT-5 power train and see what will workImage
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

That look like it will be a lot of fun!

-James
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Looks like a nice clean build, I wouldn't mind getting another 105e again if a clean one came along. Your car reminds me of my old Anglia.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
cortinalodi

cool cool cool

Post by cortinalodi »

Thats the look I was trying for

There was a guy from your neck of the woods that use to flat tow an anglia (with a cortina) down here and race it............years ago.

When you decide to get started, give me a yell I have a couple rust free anglia bodies collecting dust I suspect they are pretty scarce up thereImage
Last edited by cortinalodi on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

The fellow that you are thinking of is Randy Custer, His car was very light and well prepared although it looked like it was painted with a broom. Randy's Anglia would routinely take FTD by a large margin. I hope you are putting a roll bar in your Anglia, I know mine saved my bacon.
As far as getting into a105e right now it's very tempting and I might even do it sometime but I have to buckle down and get my 100e Anglia done first, now you have my wheels turning.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Knowing Mike,it will have a full cage,
& it will be built right.

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
cortinalodi

this turned out nice

Post by cortinalodi »

going to need a little paint
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Looks like a good, safe cage you have there, mine did not extend to the A-pillars and they just collapsed.
I see in your text that you are using Cortina Mk 2 track arms, are your struts Mk 2 as well?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
cortinalodi

suspension

Post by cortinalodi »

It is bit of a collection of mk2 stuff and anglia, ground control is just up the road from me so I take a box of stuff up there so I can get parts that fit....they actually know what english fords are. They do give you a strange look when you dump the stuff out and start explaining what you wantImage
this sway bar set up is my own design, once everything is in and the alignment is set I will weld the brackets in place
cortinalodi

Post by cortinalodi »

Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Looks like a good set up, Did you have the bar made/bent from your pattern and those Koni shocks look to have a 3 bolt Mk 2 base???
I don't know how it is for a 105e but when I put Mk 2 struts and arms into my 100e I had to use special top mounts to get the strut top inwards far enough to correct the camber and the stuts will have to be cut down about 2 inches as well to get the shock travel back to normal. Lots of small hurdles to jump.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
cortinalodi

Post by cortinalodi »

I used camber plates at top with sperical bearing. I want about 3deg of neg camber. As much caster as possible.
This is the third time I have made this set up, with the top of the strut sitting as far in and back.... in the orginal strut mount hole it is pretty close.
Using the smaller spring solves all the problems of the anglia vs cortina spring not having the same diameter
yes it is my bar
yes the struts started as mk2
the lower control arm is mk2, which kicks the bottom of the strut out about an inch, compaired to the anglia