My MK 11

For posting photos and information about your cars
1970 cortina GT

My MK 11

Post by 1970 cortina GT »

Thought I would add a couple of pictures, now that I have figured out how to! It's my 1970 GT, Image
Image, hopefully, to receive a Lotus twin cam transplant.
Life isn't complete until you have a pair of twin cams in the garage...
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Car looks tidy, where did you buy it? There was this one here in Vancouver that looks a lot like yours, could it be the same? This car was for sale here by this "little old lady" in November 2001 and I was interested in it but was beaten to by the two younger fellows in the pictures, I got a few pictures though.
This car had about 53000 miles on it at the time and was in good shape, cheap too as I recall.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
1970 cortina GT

Post by 1970 cortina GT »

I have to admit there are a lot of similarities there. I bought the car here in Saskatoon about 4 years ago, I believe. It was sold by, and still has a badge on the trunk, by Merlin Motors of Saskatoon. I have some paperwork showing the first owner lived in Saskatoon as well. I know of 4 former owners, 3 from Saskatoon and 1 guy in Regina. I think it had about 67,000 miles on it when I bought it for $2500. The motor is really good, not exactly sure why I'm going to put the twin cam in, I had to get the usual spots welded but overall it's pretty solid. I had a 1600E back in England about 30 years ago so I couldn't think of a good reason why I shouldn't buy it when I saw it.Image Same sort of dash but I have refurbished it from this picture and it is a little darker now.
Life isn't complete until you have a pair of twin cams in the garage...