For posting photos and information about your cars
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Love those pictures! Good show Jim.
European Ford Collector
JAN

Post by JAN »

How about these ones? Some winter motoring scenes.

DonG

Beautiful Popular

Post by DonG »

Hi, It looks like you enjoy the 107E. It is beautiful, I wish I had a more powerful engine and 4 speed transmission. You've got the best of new and old. I own a 100E 1959 Anglia in the states. I put it in the garage in the winter because of the use of salt on our roads to melt the snow. Your picture of snow on the car is cute but if it were a New England storm you wouldn't see the car. This year we have been lucky so far. I guess it went your way. Good luck with the car. Wash that salt off.
Over the Rainbow you will find an Anglia!
JAN

Post by JAN »

All clean and sparkly again: washed, polished, the underneath pressure washed and some touching up of the grey paintwork!

JAN

Post by JAN »

There was a meeting of Ford fans in the Village of Hawes yesterday evening. Although it's 79 miles away from me, I decided to tag along. Here are some of the participants:

JAN

Post by JAN »

A pretty busy last weekend in June: Saturday saw us in Kidderminster for a meeting of the Stanier Mogul Fund Committee, then Sunday saw Day 2 of the 105speed.com Lakes Tour. This started in Appleby, but I assume that Dick, the organiser, had the map upside down. The Lake District is to the west of Appleby, but finnished up at Middleton-in-Teesdale, having come very close to Bishop Aukland en-route. The photos were taken in the mists of yesterday morning; and in Middleton, where the sun came out!

As usual, it was a great day in excellent company. The roads were pleasant but less challenging than in previous years, allow a more relaxed meander around what we were assured was beautiful scenery, if only we could see it!

Over the two days, the car did about 500 miles, with a further 200 plus miles on the next Thursday to and from Bridgnorth, over 700 miles in five days!
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Lovely to see them in their natural habitat, drizzle and fog. Cheers
Gary
the older i get,the faster i went...
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I always enjoy Jim's photos and the fact that his 107e gets honest real world use, his Prefect has certainly stood the test of time and mileage.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
JAN

Post by JAN »

Thank you gentlemen for the kind words.

As implied, the Tour was mostly aime at the 105E (we don't talk about the VW Beetle!) and as there's a few owners of these on here, I attach these, taken by 'Andeh' and posted on the 105speed.com site. I'm sure he'll be happy to share!

As you can see, they did have sunshine on the Saturday; shame I wasn't there!
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

What a cool series of pictures. Love seeing these cars being driven the way they should be.
JAN

Post by JAN »

Some more from the Lakes Tour. Obviously not mine, courtesey of Scott from www.105speed.com

Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Nice pictures but there seems to be a modification to your front bumper?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
JAN

Post by JAN »

You weren't supposed to notice that!

Yes, it was modified the day before by a very low - but not low enough - post which was completely out of sight. I managed to polish up another one which, if anything, is in slightly better condition and this was fitteed the day after the Tour. There wasn't time change it before, alas.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

It happens to the best of us I am sure.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
JAN

Lakes Tour 17th June 2017

Post by JAN »

It's that time of year again! This is organised in conjunction with www.105speed.com, and was an excellent itinerary, not in the Lakes but the Yorkshire Dales. Using mostly single track roads with hairpin pends, sometimes at the bottom of steep hills, we visited Dent village and the Wensleydale cheese factory at Hawes (I didn't go in: I can't stand cheese. Sorry, Grommit!). I think there were 27 cars in total, as well as the 105Es and their derivatives, there were two MkII Cortinas, a MkII Granada, three Corsairs, one a convertible, and my Prefect. It continues today, but I'm not allowed two days in a row!

These were some of the photos, not inchronological order!