1955 Zephyr Zodiac

For posting photos and information about your cars
1955ZephyrZodiac

1955 Zephyr Zodiac

Post by 1955ZephyrZodiac »

Hello all. My name is Todd and my fiance Kim and I are proud owners of this 1955 Zephyr Zodiac. It is currently undergoing restoration. We are trying to find out how many of these cars are in the States. Any info? Thanks, Todd.Image[/img]
1955ZephyrZodiac

MoreImage[/img]
1955ZephyrZodiac

MoreImage[/img]
1955ZephyrZodiac

I know it's not English, but it's a Ford. One of my other Fords. 1964 Fairlane. Image[/img]
Ale06

Post by Ale06 »

Nice to restore!!!
Maybe only a few on the world! restore please. Is a nice little car...
The Fairlane is so good mate!! Congratulations. :D
Regards from Argentina
Eternal life King Taunus!!
1955ZephyrZodiac

Thank you very much! I am in the process of restoring the car as we speak.
IFHP
Site Admin

Mk I Zephyr Zodiac

Post by IFHP »

Todd & Kim,

Congratulations on finding a Mk I Zephyr Zodiac (and a pretty nice one at that). As of 2005, there were eight Mk I Zodiacs known by EFONA to exist in the USA & Canada. Patrick Wilson now keeps track of new finds through the North American CZZ Registry. Please contact Patrick through the Registries section of this forum. Do you know much about the history of your car? I wonder if it is one of the eight, or a ninth car?

Please keep the Forum updated on your progress.

Cheers,

Michael
1955ZephyrZodiac

Re: Mk I Zephyr Zodiac

IFHP wrote:Todd & Kim,

Congratulations on finding a Mk I Zephyr Zodiac (and a pretty nice one at that). As of 2005, there were eight Mk I Zodiacs known by EFONA to exist in the USA & Canada. Patrick Wilson now keeps track of new finds through the North American CZZ Registry. Please contact Patrick through the Registries section of this forum. Do you know much about the history of your car? I wonder if it is one of the eight, or a ninth car?

Please keep the Forum updated on your progress.

Cheers,

Michael
That is good to know. I sent Patrick an email, but have not heard back from him. I contacted the second owner and she told me very little about the car. She did tell me that the original owner bought the car is England and shipped it over to the States. He lived in Orchards, Washington. I am in the process of trying to track down the original owner's son because I have heard that the original owner passed away.
IFHP
Site Admin

Mk I ZZ

Post by IFHP »

Orchards, WA, that is only about 100 miles from were I live. I'm thinking that this is not one of the eight cars previously known to us. Patrick can match to vin to those of cars in the Registry to be sure.

Michael
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Todd,

Are you still with us? How is the Zodiac going? I hope that you will be able to bring it to the Import Ford Meet in Hillsboro on June 7th.

Michael
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Todd,

Are you in the Portland area?There's a guy named
Eric in Yakima who's had one for ages.He should be at
the All British Field Meet at PIR Labor Day Weekend.

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

There is another Mk1 Zephyr that you may not be aware of. It is a RHD car owned by one of us British and he is I believe in Arizona. The car is quite special as it one of a pair of 'hot' MK1s built by two brothers over here in the 60s. It has reworked rear wheel arches with 105E rear arches grafted on for larger wheels. Engine is a MK2 with Raymond Mays head, triple Webers, six branch exhaust, hot cam etc and an overdrive trans. I've been out in it over here in the UK and it does fly! The other car also still exists and lives in Wales these days. Both cars and the brothers were pretty well known here and there are a few tales of the police trying to catch them and failing! There was a feature in Classic Ford magazine about them.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Yes, that Zephyr belongs to lond-time EFONA member Gary Kiernan. Gary, if you are reading this post, perhaps it is time to start a new thread on your car :wink:

Michael