'66 Anglia

For posting photos and information about your cars
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Is there a place to get the black trim that goes above the side windows in this photo for the headliner ?

It happens that i saved these when i removed the headliner bars from a junked car. Let me know if you are still looking for a set.
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Trumpets on, new clutch installed, gearbox is in.. wow its heavy.

Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

It is coming along nicely and it looks good too, you have a lot of room around your air horns to add filters if you decide to one day. Is there much room between the back Weber and the lip on the body? I remember being excited enough when I first slotted my engine into my 105e that I had to take a picture. My recollection was that I had to beat that lip back to make it clear, this was a Twin Cam but I bet the X/Flow must be near as tight?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

It got the hammer treatment as well :)

Always love seeing the old pictures, so simple to document things these days most of us take it for granted.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I wish that we had digital cameras back in the day, I would have so many more pics. Back then (around 1975 or 76) I usually only had a 12 or 24 exposure roll in my camera so you had to be selective about your pictures. I do have more pictures though, just have to dig them up.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Cut and reinforced gearbox x member
Last edited by Langlia on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Fabbed up an axle mount and body bracket for my panhard bar today, got the shocks welded in fully both sides now as well.

Did notice I will have to do something with my handbrake bar now.. Possibly just drill a hole through the mount or just bend up a new rod to go around the axle mount..

Canucktina

Post by Canucktina »

You really don't want that rear end to move around. Your brackets should outlive the body shell. The Anglia is looking great !

Greg
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Ty!

I'm quite pleased with myself today. Feels good to build something.

All in all I paid $6 for the metal. $85 for the bar from Speedway motors and $6 for the nuts and bolts.

Looked into radius and anti tramp kits but this is a solid alternative in my opinion.

Took about 3 hours to plan and fab it up and paint.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

You certainly have the lateral movement under control, looks good. I found that when I was auto crossing my Anglia that leaf spring wind up was an annoying issue with a lot of axle hop as you might expect. I did rectify it though when I de-cambered my leaf springs (lowering the car) and added an extra leaf, the extra stiffness in the spring really helped. Are you planning to track or slalom the car?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

For now the plan is just to have it as my daily driver. Not that I drive a whole lot anymore since I walk to work.

Possibly one day order a roll cage, zetec swap.. who knows what the future will bring.

The rear end is high enough off the ground I could potentially fit some Anti tramp bars if I felt the need, got my friends Anglia in my possession at the moment, his leafs are decambered and it's super low, dont want to scrape on everything if I can avoid it
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

You don't actually have to go too low, I can't remember (on the ruler) how low mine was but it was great on the street. Here is the only picture I could find that shows it's real ground clearance, you will have to ignore the top half of the car.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Took a corner a little too fast?

Is that the one you flipped at the airport?

My rear sits probably an inch or two higher than that. Only got it lowered two inches