'66 Anglia

For posting photos and information about your cars
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

Looking Good
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Nice, looks like you will be all prepared for the ABFM?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Should be all good to go for that.

The last thing I will be doing is refurbishing the heater and getting the hoses connected. Lots more critical stuff to do. Happy it runs and can be driven but still got a laundry list of small things to do.

Electrical fan with a relay kit is on order from Amazon. Will need to mount that, rad needs to come out anyways since it is leaky and will need to be repaired.

Indicators and rear tails needs to be hooked up with all the weather seals in place.

Front windshield needs to go in along with the wiper motor and wiper bottle.

Clutch and brake push rods still need adjusting.

Dash pad needs to be recovered. Radio installer with some type of speaker system. Parcel tray needs rebuild. Need to fab up a strut brace.

E-brake needs a linkage too.

Many more things but I'm glad and happy with my progress.
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Car is still coming along..

Lost my 2nd Gear, had to pull gearbox, replaced with GT Unit and new throwout bearing,
Covered old hole, made new one, Panhard bracket too weak, beefed it up, installed catch can, welded filler bung in place of original filler cap, bung in valve cover for gases to escape..
Just small things.. Axle seal replaced, gasketed up nice and good to prevent leaks, sucked up the exhaust better to the body so it's not so low, removed header wrap from exhaust manifold.. Added the shims back into steering box,
Ran the car on jackstands, shifts through the gears nice, found a good condition magic wand shifter, its painted black now, nice and comfortable position..

Also installed Powerspark electronic diz because my Bosch was acting funky, almost like it was sticking on advance and causing it to bog down. Put in the new one set to 12 deg revs perfectly fine and fires right up. Rejetted the carbs, smaller chokes, smaller idle jets, new accelerator pumps etc..

More to come!

Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Made battery tray in boot as well as used some spare aluminum to make a cover for the fuel filter and pump,

Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Helper springs installed with perch on the coilovers, gets rid of any slack when the suspension droops..

Shifter installed again, took the car for a drive down the street. It rips now.