Brett's 100e Anglia

For posting photos and information about your cars
Brett Wilkie

Brett's 100e Anglia

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I have most of the mechanical bits in the body shell now so I thought I would finally try and start my modified Anglia. The starter is slow at best but it was trying to go, I had to replace a condenser and charge up the battery a bit more and she sprung to life right away. The oily residue on the header and exhaust pipes certainly started to cook and smoke so bad I left the garage. Here is a clip of the first start. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXnCkpsyyEI
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Nice job and very satisfying I should think. I thought we were going to go for a spin, then I saw you had a tad more work to do before that moment.
Cheers
Gary
the older i get,the faster i went...
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

When you mention going for a spin, I was tempted to put the wheels on and take it for a short ride in the back lane. The car is mechanically fully functional but is lacking many body bits at the moment.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Dooooooo it
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Nice!
Nothing like the sound of webers....(is it webers or webbers?)

Cheers,
Dave.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Dave C wrote:Nice!
Nothing like the sound of webers....(is it webers or webbers?)

Cheers,
Dave.
I guess it is Webers, I love the sound of them on full song. That's the hard part of running in a new engine on DCOEs, you just want to stand on it to hear them sing but you have to practice restraint.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Perfect combination 107E c/m and Kent engine. I see you're using a Cortina MK1 c/mc. Because of a h/d clutch ? Looking forward to final completion. Pete
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I used the Cortina Mk1 .700 brake master as my clutch MC because I had one on the shelf and I needed a .700, the stock .622 Anglia MC was slightly too small to fully release the clutch. I am using a stock Cortina Mk2 GT clutch with it’s larger clutch slave cylinder. I also found the 100e spacing of the brake and clutch MCs too close for the larger reservoir of the Cortina C/MC so I installed a Wilwood brake master with a remote reservoir. The 2000e gearbox and bell housing are Cortina Mk2 GT but I swapped in a non-GT tail housing, shift rods and 105e shift lever, I also loaded the box with this quaife gear set.
For my own personal taste I find this puts the shifter in a desirable position without conflicting with the hand brake lever. Here is the final position of the shifter and pics of the gearbox and hydraulics.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

Very cool Brett
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

What's the story with that green one?

The man I bought my crossflow from in Port Alberni had an identical one with an RX7 motor.

Keep up the good work! Maybe I'll see this thing in person one day.
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

I just read that Jenvey make a fuel injection system that looks exactly like twin Webers. I agree about the sound. I miss the triple carb wail from my old MK1...

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/
the older i get,the faster i went...
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Langlia wrote:What's the story with that green one?

The man I bought my crossflow from in Port Alberni had an identical one with an RX7 motor.

The green one is a bone stock 1958 Anglia, I bought that about 3 years ago

I think this might be the one you are thinking of on the Island, I have never seen it in the flesh but it is Rotary powered.

Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

zephyrgary wrote:I just read that Jenvey make a fuel injection system that looks exactly like twin Webers. I agree about the sound. I miss the triple carb wail from my old MK1...
That would be a neat setup but $$$

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Brett Wilkie wrote:
Langlia wrote:What's the story with that green one?

The green one is a bone stock 1958 Anglia, I bought that about 3 years ago

I think this might be the one you are thinking of on the Island, I have never seen it in the flesh but it is Rotary powered.

Yes that'll be the one!

I like your green one alot :D
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

peteleo wrote:Perfect combination 107E c/m and Kent engine. I see you're using a Cortina MK1 c/mc. Because of a h/d clutch ? Looking forward to final completion. Pete
Sorry Pete, I just reread this post now and it dawned on me that you were talking about the Cross member and not the master cylinder.

The cross member is not from a 107e, it is the standard 100e unit but I shaved off all the mountings for the engine. I reconstructed/welded new mountings platforms on the x/member, I then used some surplus BMW engine mounts that I had saved when I worked for them. The brackets that are bolted to the engine are from an early 1600 Pinto. I also welded a thick plate to the bottom of the x/member for reinforcing and jacking.
Here is a stock one compared to the one I stripped and finally welded up with BMW engine mounts.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock