my 68 Cortina

For posting photos and information about your cars
anthonid

my 68 Cortina

Post by anthonid »

heres a few videos on youtube of my 68 cortina i just built.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagqnH ... tKQLeBv6CQ

it has a 2.0 ohc pinto engine and a t9 trans with a 3.9 rear end.
the engine was rebuilt using nos mahle pistons with 9.5:1 compression.i used a burton fast road cam. i was lucky enough to find a actual factory capri header. for carburation i stuck with the stock carb and jetted it to suit the more powerful engine. im pretty happy with it. not tons of bottom end power but it flys when you get moving and it cruises very nicely at about 80mph on the highway.

i built this car with highway travel in mind. i am moving to oregon in about two months and will drive it there. i plan on doing several trips from oregon. i will surely be getting my passport so i can visit you vancouver guys. i hope to drive it up to alaska next summer!
old username is turbellion, cant find my password.
current enfo is :78 FIESTA S
PAST: 64 CORTINA GT (FORMULA FORD T-9 SWAP)
57 100E ANGLIA
65 CORTINA DELUXE
67 MK1 ESTATE
67 MK2 GT (2.0 PINTO T-9 SWAP)
anthonid

Post by anthonid »

57 100E ANGLIA
65 CORTINA DELUXE
67 MK1 ESTATE
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

There seems to be more 2.0 MK2 conversions now than ever before. Like it.
anthonid

Post by anthonid »

while i actually like the crossflows i have built better than this 2.0. i must say they are incredibly easy to build. i especially like the price of pistons for them! also having the cam all the way up there is nice. if it starts to wear out ill just change it! cant do that in a crossflow.
57 100E ANGLIA
65 CORTINA DELUXE
67 MK1 ESTATE
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

The annoying thing about the 2 litre cam is that it comes out the back of the head. One great tip my cam grinder gave me back in the day was to replace the oil feed line on the 2 litre head if it was ever out of service for any length of time. It seems that the oil deposits dry and flake in the line and when put back in service the flakes can actually block the small holes that lube the cam. I wonder how available those oil lines are these days?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
anthonid

Post by anthonid »

All the parts are readily available in the uk for cheap. Its strange to me that they adopted the pinto name when the engines were more of a euro ford engine than a pinto engine. I mean we only had it for 3 years they had it for like 20. And yes it is a bummer that the cam comes out that way.at least removing the head is easy.
57 100E ANGLIA
65 CORTINA DELUXE
67 MK1 ESTATE
rodsgarage

Cortina 2.0 Pinto Conversion

Post by rodsgarage »

How difficult were the motor mounts and transmission crossmember? Do you have pictures of them?

I have a '68 GT besides my green '68 and it needs full restoration so I am thinking about converting it to a 2.0 or a 2.8 V6 since I have several of the engines.

I had a '68 GT new and went to the Ford dealership when the Pinto's came out and attempted to measure everything for a conversion in the GT in the early '70's. But I sold the GT and bought a Pinto and drag raced and slalom raced it after modifications and love the 2.0 and the small V-6's.
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Where are you moving to in Oregon?
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"