The madness continues...

For posting photos and information about your cars
Sideways

The madness continues...

Post by Sideways »

Got it dropped off today and will take the next little while to sort through the bits and pieces.

(what have I done!!! :shock: )
wagon3.jpg
wagon3.jpg (236.3 KiB) Viewed 8796 times
wagon2.jpg
wagon2.jpg (231.03 KiB) Viewed 8796 times
wagon5.jpg
wagon5.jpg (239.44 KiB) Viewed 8796 times

Spare everythings...
angliagt

Re: The madness continues...

Post by angliagt »

Looks good! Was this the one that fell off the truck?
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Lots of potential there, is the body entirely straight? If I was doing it again I would do a Mk1 wagon or a 105e wagon.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Yes, this was Mark's which fell off, now straight as a die.
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Oh, I remember this one. Keep us posted...
Gary in AZ
the older i get,the faster i went...
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

zephyrgary wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:54 pm Oh, I remember this one. Keep us posted...
Gary in AZ
Just need to get over the "WTF have I done" moment. I DO NOT have the ability to get this to where it needs to be, I calmed myself down with a mild infusion of alcohol and thought, well, maybe...

I haven't welded since 1966...I assume things haven't changed all that much? :D :D :D

Thoughts that I shared with Mark were all over the place, go electric, stuff in a fat V8, turn it into a panel van by 'filling in' the rear side windows.

Then I looked at the number of doors available (8) and I said "Stretch Limo!"

Once we both stopped laughing I left. :D
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

I wouldn't go with the panel idea because I like real long roofs. I also loved my 302 Cortinas because they were so simple. Even with a 3.00 rear it would smoke virtually everything from a light. The thing I liked about it was that the boy racers would be revving away to get a good launch and I would sit at idle. Used first to launch but grabbed second almost immediately and that was all she wrote. One Mustang guy couldn't figure it out but I explained to him it was all about weight. I was at least 1500lbs lighter. Same with those that said you need a 9". Car was not heavy enough.
Cheers
Gary in AZ
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

zephyrgary wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:01 pm I wouldn't go with the panel idea because I like real long roofs. I also loved my 302 Cortinas because they were so simple. Even with a 3.00 rear it would smoke virtually everything from a light. The thing I liked about it was that the boy racers would be revving away to get a good launch and I would sit at idle. Used first to launch but grabbed second almost immediately and that was all she wrote. One Mustang guy couldn't figure it out but I explained to him it was all about weight. I was at least 1500lbs lighter. Same with those that said you need a 9". Car was not heavy enough.
Cheers
Gary in AZ
The panel van thing was just silly thought bubbles...speaking of 302s, which ones are we talking about, I prefer old school, carbs etc but am eyeing the weight, it will obviously be moved back to compensate (which went REALLY well with my previous one, the S2000 thing, felt a lot more 'planted' at the front)

Anyway, just spent the day rearranging the garage space and tomorrow will be when I unload the contents and take inventory, I do have multiples of most things so the best of the best will be selected for this car.
The LACK of rust is astounding on this car, poked around and/or looked at the usual areas and solid as a rock with the exception of the drivers side rear fender at the bottom but even that is minimal.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Sounds like good bones on her, now get cracking.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Brett Wilkie wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:33 pm Sounds like good bones on her, now get cracking.
The cracking these days comes mostly from my bones...

Pain in the end trying get photos down to acceptable size so "inventory" photos will have to wait, suffice to say there is pretty much two of everything.

Seats, door cards, chrome trim etc all in much better shape that I thought.

Photos to follow
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

As mentioned...
inv1.jpg
inv1.jpg (227.63 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
Attachments
inv4.jpg
inv4.jpg (254.87 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
inv3.jpg
inv3.jpg (206.38 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Both my 302s were pretty stock except for a Holley 4 barrel and headers and a true dual exhaust. From memory the front of the engine just about lined up with the strut tops. I had a friend who was an avid racer with VARA say it must handle like crap with that engine up front. I gave him the keys. When he came back i had to make him suck on a lemon to get that stupid grin off his face.
Back in the day (early nineties) the chap who built most of these would supply and narrow an 8" axle, recess the firewall. fab engine mounts and build a set of headers for $1500! What a deal.
The guy who bought my first one still has it since 1996. Over 200,000 miles and many track days and it is still going strong
Good luck
Gary in AZ
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Maybe I should have another go with this Engine... :D
sho1.jpg
sho1.jpg (213.59 KiB) Viewed 8634 times
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »