The madness continues...

For posting photos and information about your cars
angliagt

Re: The madness continues...

Post by angliagt »

zephyrgary wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:35 pm I was banned by that idiot Randy Nonnenburg years ago. :D
Gary in AZ
I met him in Ferndale,California when he was driving a Porsche 356
in the California Melee car run.I walked up & introduced myself,& he basically
blew me off.
And he didn't even know me well enough to do that!
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

angliagt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:44 pm
Sideways wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:49 am
angliagt wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:41 pm Man,that sucks! I was hoping to see the conclusion of this project.
I hope that someone buys it & finishes it.
Sounds like the really hard work is already done.
Did you think about putting it on BringaTrailer?

I would rather someone got it going rather than have it sit for (n) months until I "improved" as the car deserves to be brought back to life.

I keep mentioning it but the body, other than a couple of really small areas is SOLID.

There are a couple of gents (from the US) who are seriously interested and who know these cars so hopefully things will proceed.

As for BaT...I thought about it but as a VERY vocal critic of the stupids who often come on there with their DeLorean Flux Capacitor inanities and the "does it have AC" when it obviously does not - and similar feeble questions, I would have replied in my usual scathing fashion.

As a result I would probably be the only seller to be banned from commenting. :D
I agree,but hate to admit that it's the place to sell,if you want to get a good
price for your vehicle.Way TOO MANY people with WAAAAY TOO MUCH money.

If it does NOT sell to one of these nice people who are interested, I may indeed put it on BaT and spend as long as needed negotiating with the obtuse numpties recently brought on board about why I will not put it on as a "No Reserve" and and and...they (BaT) started well but have become cash corporate car snobs with THEIR eye fixed firmly and only on THEIR bottom line.

For Sale, Mk1 Cortina Wagon - once rejected by BaT... :D
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Case in point re BaT. There is currently a Fiat 600 Abarth rep for sale. The seller insists, with no evidence, that it was modded in period as they often were. A commentator with the word Abarth in his nic has refuted that claim quite convincingly saying that many of the mods are from much later models. So the seller berated him and the rest of the peanut gallery piled on. Much like the bar room pundits told me, from the comfort of their minivans, that my V8 Cortina could not possibly handle well cos of weight distribution. When that site first started it was interesting...now not so much.
Gary in AZ

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1963-fiat-abarth-850/
the older i get,the faster i went...
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

I see you sold it. Where'd it end up going?
Gary in AZ
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

zephyrgary wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:10 pm I see you sold it. Where'd it end up going?
Gary in AZ
Once the dust settles and assuming all goes well Covidwise at the border etc - Arizona!
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

I might see it again, then
Gary in AZ
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

angliagt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:47 pm
zephyrgary wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:35 pm I was banned by that idiot Randy Nonnenburg years ago. :D
Gary in AZ
I met him in Ferndale,California when he was driving a Porsche 356
in the California Melee car run.I walked up & introduced myself,& he basically
blew me off.
And he didn't even know me well enough to do that!
So, apropos of how BaT has deteriorated in some respects, yesterday I posted the following on the Morris Traveller they have listed, someone had asked about it being used as a tow vehicle.

"@bob Weight/load ‘capability’ of these is just over 600kg/1320lbs but as mentioned by JohnR you would need to be very careful when doing so.

I have seen such things but that was back then in the old country and pretty much anything went back then. :-)"

Careful reader will note that I missed the @ for JohnR so I went to edit the post to insert that @ I was informed by BaT that they had noted a naughty word in my post - so yes, they are running an algorithm to catch such things, something denied in the past by BaT.

Still trying to determine which was the offending word :D

Not that I care but...
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Cortina wagon was picked up yesterday...the new owner has a Mk 2 and always wanted a MK1 wagon so it may yet see the light of day.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Glad an enthusiast got it, maybe even we will see the end results on our pages here? 
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Brett Wilkie wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:10 pm Glad an enthusiast got it, maybe even we will see the end results on our pages here? 
Got confirmation that Zach managed to get through the border and got the wagon to its new home (Sacramento for the moment) and he is aware of this forum so...
Joe O'dMoors

Post by Joe O'dMoors »

I'm glad it found a good home, hopefully we'll see updates here.