Capri 1973 V6 GT

For posting photos and information about your cars
Team Blitz

Capri 1973 V6 GT

Post by Team Blitz »

Invited to be displayed at the 2005 Eyes On Design Concours, Edsel Ford Estate Grounds, Grosse Pointe, MI, in the German Sports Coupe ring. With 28,000 original miles.

It's an invitational "Designers Showcase" event, honoring a famed automotive designer or institute each year. The kind of people who choose the cars and judge them are superstars of auto design and journalism: Wayne Cherry, Bob Lutz, Dutch Mandel, Camilo Pardo, etc etc. Very civilized 1-day event, small admission charge to attend.
Team Blitz. Purveyor of fine parts for the 1970-1978 European-built Ford Capri since 1979. 2-1/2 Million parts in 7 warehouses! www.teamblitz.com
IFHP
Site Admin

73 V6

Post by IFHP »

Norm,

It's a real beauty. I recall seeing one of these photos in Hemmings last year. It is great to know the story behind it.

Michael
Team Blitz

Re: 73 V6

Post by Team Blitz »

IFHP wrote:Norm,

It's a real beauty. I recall seeing one of these photos in Hemmings last year. It is great to know the story behind it.

Michael
Thanks, Mike. Easiest car I've ever owned. Just bought it and kept it waxed! What a revelation it has been not to have to restore one for a change. :shock:

May I recommend the Eyes On Design Concours for your next trip to Detroit? It is always heavily laden with foreign cars. Including Fords. This particular meet, there was a Lotus Cortina parked down the lane from our Capri.
Team Blitz. Purveyor of fine parts for the 1970-1978 European-built Ford Capri since 1979. 2-1/2 Million parts in 7 warehouses! www.teamblitz.com