Tom's Anglia 1200

For posting photos and information about your cars
tburr

Tom's Anglia 1200

Post by tburr »

Here are a few "before" pics from 2001.

We probably won't see "after" for at least a year, but I will try to occasionally post progress, and ask for advice. I believe i drove the car 100 miles soon after from Columbus, OH to Cincinnati OH. The 1200 can actually move along quite well at 65 - 70 mph without problem.

It is a 65 Anglia Deluxe 1200 (Super in the UK).

Very solid body, was very good running before storage, however the previous owner had rigged up a Ford Falcon carb. and adaptor plate. Other than that, quite original.

I will probably maintain the original colors, but not in case its Harry Potter-ness.

I may perform a few minor mods in the spirit of 60's motoring, but plan to keep it fairly simple.

Cortina pics will be posted later.

Regards,

Tom

stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

Looks great, I can't believe there is no rot between the doors and front wheels.

I was amazed at how well my 997cc Anglia moves along, though not much over 55mph :-)

Keep us informed on your progress, and feel free to ask questions

-James
IFHP
Site Admin

Tom's Anglia

Post by IFHP »

Nice Tom, thanks for posting this.

Michael
105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

James,

Not much over 55? You ain't trying hard enough, lol! Seriously though my ol '59 buzzes along quite happily at 65 and has a tad more in reserve. You probably know it was the first English Ford designed with them new fangled freeways in mind so it would run almost flat out all day. Saying that England only had one freeway built when the 105E was introduced! Or motorway as we like to call them.

Paul 'Owner of the oldest 105E'
Dave A

Post by Dave A »

That's a very nice looking Anglia you have there. Keep the pics coming.