Michael's former Euro-Fords

For posting photos and information about your cars
IFHP
Site Admin

Michael's former Euro-Fords

Post by IFHP »

Michael's Former Euro-Fords:

Above is, or should I say "was", my 1968 Ford (P7a) 20M RS Coupe. I have had it since 1997, and never had enough confinedence that I could pull off the kind of restoration that this car required. Irecently (2008) sold it to Espen Eriksen in Norway, who I believe will do a good job with the car.

The history of this car is that it was a personal import for a Dutch military man in 1969. He was stationed in California (with NATO?). When he left, he sold the car to an American, who drove it for several years, until parts became a problem. The car hasn't run since about 1980. The round sealed beam headlights are unique, but appear to be a factory job -- probably a special order for the original owner.

The 20M RS 2300 (2300 V6) was Ford of Germany's luxury sport coupe, and was a mid-year model. Not very many in these half year only P7a style RS 2300s were built. The RS 2300 was also offered in 2 and 4-door sedan configurations.

1972 Ford Cortina 2000. Sold in 2008 to Dalton Herrick, McDonough, New York.

1971 Capri 2000. I also sold this car in February '08 to Dalton's dad, Todd Herrick. I hope these cars prove to be a great father-son project.

My first English Ford was this 1960 Zephyr that I bought in Victoria in 1997. I sold it in 2004 and it has changed hands three times since then.