300E rear door help

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
mark

300E rear door help

Post by mark »

hi folks, been working on my back doors on the 300E. I am missing the "T" door handle. The latching mechanism also has the square shaft broke off and is "frozen" in the square hole. the parts will rotate though ...see pic Image
Before I start cutting and drilling to get this shaft out, can anyone tell me if the square shaft just "slips through" the square hole? and is held by a single screw on the other side? It almost seems to be swaged in the hole but I doubt they would have done that.
Would anyone have a spare T handle? Spare Fords has them but the van handle is a bit pricey
Next, just to make sure ...the new rear door window rubber, the glass goes to the outside correct? Does anyone have a template for the glass?
thanks
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Mark,

Regarding the Latch mechanism. The square shaft ( connected to the handle ) slides into the mechanism. I have four different handles 100E, 105E, and wagons. I can send pictures thru email: psnyders@pacbell.net

Pete