Mk 2's found in New Brunswick, Canada

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
Dave A

Mk 2's found in New Brunswick, Canada

Post by Dave A »

I found out about these two cars one day while eating lunch in my red Mk 2. A guy pulled up beside me and said he had a buddy with two cars like mine that were only about an hour and a half drive away-I could hardly believe what I was hearing. He said the guy was planning to restore one of them. I gave him my name and number to pass onto the guy. About a week later I get a phone call from the owner saying the cars were for sale as he came to terms with the fact that he would never get the time or space to restore them and would let them go to an enthusiast. I said I would be over to see him and he also wanted to see my car. Anyway I got over there and made a deal. Here are some pics. The green 4 door only has 14,000 miles on it. It is registered as a 71 with 71 documents in the glove box but actually a 70 model according to the vin number. I remember some of the left over 70 models being registered as 71 models.
Dave A

here's some pics

Post by Dave A »

ImageImage

Dave A

It has been stored in a barn and not driven since 75

Post by Dave A »

ImageImage

Dave A

Pics of what's left of the other car

Post by Dave A »

This one is a 67 GT. What's left of it is fairly solid having been stored in a body shop for several years.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Dave,

Congratulations and thank you for posting your news. 14,000 miles, that great. How solid is the body?

Michael
70CortinaGT

Post by 70CortinaGT »

Wow , Great score Dave , I'm jealous !!!!
Cortinas RULE !!!
Dave A

Post by Dave A »

IFHP wrote:Dave,

Congratulations and thank you for posting your news. 14,000 miles, that great. How solid is the body?

Michael
Well the only real rot on the body is on the RF fender where the garage roof was leaking on it for 30 some years. There is some surface rust in places underneath but no holes.
Dave A

Post by Dave A »

70CortinaGT wrote:Wow , Great score Dave , I'm jealous !!!!
Oh I don't think you need to be jealous with all of those gorgeous Mk 2's you here there. How many are you up to now?
70CortinaGT

Post by 70CortinaGT »

Oh , only 7
Cortinas RULE !!!
Dave A

Post by Dave A »

70CortinaGT wrote:Oh , only 7
I don't think you have pics of all 7 on here do you? I remember seeing the Green Lotus, Fern green GT, the white V8, a white 2 door and a white one needing restoration/parts car with a cragar wheel on the front. What other ones do you have? You didn't buy that nice tan colored one out of Lomita, Calif did you?
70CortinaGT

Post by 70CortinaGT »

No , I stopped going to the states , no passport yet . I recently got a 68 four door parts car , and just got a 70 GT rust bucket . Do you know what makes a Cortina a 440 ??? Never saw one before , are they only in Australia ?
Cortinas RULE !!!
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Yeah, the Cortina 440 is unique to Australia.
70CortinaGT

Post by 70CortinaGT »

So , what makes it a 440 ?
Cortinas RULE !!!
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Nothing, just a name to use instead of DeLuxe. I think the base model was called the 220. Other Aussie Mk I Cortina's were the GT and the GT 500 which was a Bathhurst homolgation model.