Where to buy Capri Vented rotors?

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
beast02

Where to buy Capri Vented rotors?

Post by beast02 »

I'm starting to find out how annoying it is to be looking for Euro-Ford parts in the US!

Does anyone out there have a source or know where to get vented Capri Brake rotors (247mm x 20mm)? Team blitz is $$$

Which Capri had these rotors as a standard size? Was it the 2.8L Capri?? So if I tried to buy "stock" rotors for a 74' 2.8L Capri somehwere, I would get what I need?

Thanks,

Bryan
66GT Duratec
canzus

Post by canzus »

Vented rotors were not available on Capris sold in the US. In England and the Euro countries, the vented
rotors were installed on the 2.8 Injection Capris. These are the rotors that Team Blitz sells. To install them
on a US spec Capri, you'll also need the spacer kit for the calipers, also available from guess who...

A more sensible approach is to purchase rotors and spacer kits and have them shipped from Europe...

Dug up a part # for the rotors, Quinton Hazell # BDC3794, which is 247.7mm diameter, 20mm thick...

Or maybe this place...

https://www.burtonpower.com/product_mai ... Code=PC060
SteveL
3 Capris
2 XR4Tis
beast02

Post by beast02 »

Dang, well what the heck have people been doing in the US for brake upgrades?

Seems any solution I come up with is mucho $$$$$. I'd like to come up with my own solution, but rotors alone are hanging me up. It would be interesting to try and make Mustang II / Pinto rotors fit, but they look like they have a completely different design than a cortina as far has hub etc goes.

What do people with performance Euro Fords do here for brake upgrades???
Just pay out of their arse??

-Bryan
66GT Duratec
canzus

Post by canzus »

I've always bought quality stock rotors, and quality pads, for my stock applications. With that said, I've been
looking at larger rotors for my '73 Capri with the 302/T5/9" rear end. The closest to a true bolt on it for the '94 to
'97 Volkswagon Passat GLX, with the 2.8L "AAA" engine. It's going to take some cobbling to get it to work, but should
be do-able. The alternative is fairly expensive, with Wilwood hats and .810" rotors in the 280mm size...
SteveL
3 Capris
2 XR4Tis
66gt

Post by 66gt »

Bryan

You might want to ask what some of the racers are currently using I'm sure they would point you in the right direction.
As mentioned previously try Burton, they've helped me in the past.

Steve
beast02

Post by beast02 »

Well, I was slow at work yesterday and ended up finally finding an affordable set of rotors in Australia, check them out here: http://www.smckaperformance.com.au/cata ... /2a/page/3

They are $50 a rotor, hopefully shipping wouldn't be TOO much (less than from UK at least). I suspect with shipping included you could have a set of these for $150-$175 which isn't too bad when compared to the TeamBlitz price of $199 for ONE rotor.

When I get the money, i'll probably buy a set of these, and then the wilwood calipers I have been eyeing and then start developing a Caliper mount for our cars. All should fit under 13" wheels. I know all of this has been done elsewhere, but due to exchange rates and HIGH shipping costs, these kits become out of the question for a lot here in the US. I'd probably end up just selling the adapter and let people source their own rotors and calipers.

Thanks for the suggestions.

-Bryan
66GT Duratec
66gt

Post by 66gt »

Bryan-

There is also a company here in the states called Wilwood that sells brake components for all kinds of applications. I know that I've seen these particular brake components on EnFo race cars in the past. www.wilwood.com

Steve
beast02

Post by beast02 »

Steve,

Yes, my plan is to use Wilwood Calipers, the rotors were the hard part to find cheaply.
joeyramone30

Post by joeyramone30 »

Beast02
Dang, well what the heck have people been doing in the US for brake upgrades?

A while back I read somewhere (probably on the Old Skool Ford forum) that someone used WRX redrilled rotors and Porsche (can't remember if 924 or 944) calipers. That may be somewhere to start - I should have bookmarked the page.