Why are all Euro Fords out west? A few observations.

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
flyrr100

Why are all Euro Fords out west? A few observations.

Post by flyrr100 »

It seems that Oregon and Washington State have the monopoly on British Fords! Theres really not much going on down here in swampy Florida.
A few years back I was looking to buy a Mk III Cortina. I actually found one in, you guessed it, Oregon! But with shipping to Florida, and the price the guy was asking, it just didn't work for me. In fact I priced it out and it would cost just about the same to find a reasonable Mk III in Europe and have it shipped to Jacksonville!
Don't get me wrong. This is by no means a jab at the great folks out west. Just an observation.

Also... Back in 2005 there was a really nice Mk 1 Lotus Cortina in Montana that went for around 10k. At the time I couldn't come up with the cash. I wish I had! Recently a nice Mk 1 LC went for around 38k on Evil Bay!

Finally, I wish I had never sold my nice US spec Mk II Cortina 1600 deluxe. I had no room to store it, and when you start parking cars, especially old cars, long term in Florida the sun eats away at the paint. So it was sold. One day I'll find another. Maybe on a trip out west!

Have a great summer everyone!

My old Mk II when I lived in Ohio...
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

I think you will find weather plays a big part in this. Also, a place like CA has a massive car culture mentality. No stigma in driving an old car every day.
Gary
the older i get,the faster i went...
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Why not look into the cars in Arkansas?

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

There is/was a Mk III Cortina in Oregon? Wow, I didn't know about that one. I'd like to catch up with it some day.
European Ford Collector
Ale06

Post by Ale06 »

Any Cortina MK4 or MK5 in USA?? :?
You can import any car from the rest of the world...
Eternal life King Taunus!!
joeyramone30

Post by joeyramone30 »

angliagt wrote:Why not look into the cars in Arkansas?

- Doug
What cars in Arkansas, maybe I don't wanna know. I was able to meet Tom last week when he came thru town and brought me some Mk2 doors. I also may be relocating to Dallas and my wife will kill me if I bring home any more strays.