English Ford's in Canada

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
IFHP
Site Admin

English Ford's in Canada

Post by IFHP »

Here is a link to a part of the Ford of Canada website, which discusses the history of imported Fords in Canada. The history is not quite accurate in stating that the models offered in Canada were always identical to those sold in the USA. For example, the Thames 800 was offered for at least one year longer (1962) in Canada than in the USA, Canadians could order their Mk II Cortinas, with 1300 engines, but Americans could not, Canada got Mk III Cortinas, but the USA did not. I also suspect, that the model range of 106E & 124E Anglias (in the later years) my have differed between the USA and Canada.

Michael

http://www.ford.ca/english/learnabout/h ... efault.asp
Dave A

Post by Dave A »

I could be mistaken but I dont believe Canadian models had this type GT badging as early U.S. Mk 2 Cortina models did.
I also have never seen the GT stripe along the lower body on Canadian models. Most of our GT's had no stripes until 69 when they were alot higher up on the side of the car. What do you guys think???
IFHP
Site Admin

Canadian GT Strip

Post by IFHP »

Interesting, I'll have to go back to my sales lit collection and see what shows up.