Look what I just bought...

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
zephyrgary

Look what I just bought...

Post by zephyrgary »

Just bagged this in Montreal, Quebec. It is an essentially one owner car having been bought new by a lady who quit driving 4 years ago. It was bought by a dealer in Canada a year ago, who went through it and has it all running sweetly. 43,000 miles from new. I plan to fit the same 15" chrome wheels that I had on my Mk 1, if they will fit.
GaryImage
the older i get,the faster i went...
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Great find, Gary. Glad to know that it's in your hands instead of someone who won't appreciate as much. ( Remember those clowns that converted Norm's Zephyr convertible into a cartoon car ).
Is the color ermine with salmon interior, drums or discs ?
Mine Zephyr is a '60 just missed the cutoff date for discs by a couple of months. I'll post a few pictures the next time i take it out for a drive.

Pete
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Thanks Pete. I'm guessing drums. In fact, before your comment I didn't think any Zephyrs came to the States with discs.
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Discs were an option for the low-line before March or April '60. After that disc
were standard. The original owner purchased the car from Milton Motors in Oakland, Ca. I remember him telling my dad that, if he had waited 2 more months he would have had one with discs but said, at least it has overdrive.
My dad bought it from him in '85.
Milton Motors sold MK2 ZZC new along with Studebakers until late '60 or early'61 and Studebakers until '66.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Good find, that looks really clean. I am surprized it' in such good condition considering it is an Eastern car. Is the auto box a three speed?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
robarc

Post by robarc »

Talk about a time capsule.....
Rob
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Brett, 3 speed Borg Warner. Allegedly, never driven in snow and always garaged in winter. Bought by a lady brand new in 59 who has been in a wheel chair these last 5 years. Only 43,000 miles in total. I can't wait to see it.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

What method are you using to get it home, that would be a long drive for a new (unknown) car.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

I am getting shipping quotes at the moment. Between $1700 and 2450 so far on an open truck. I never drive a new car home because if it breaks down it might sour the experience. Vehicle number 72 and counting.
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

Gary, cool car. Did the have Zodiac's in the States. Mk3 Zephyr Zodiac was a big ticket item in New Zealand.
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Never sold here in the states. I have only seen one MK3 Zephyr 6 in 32 years here and that was a personal import. Also, a chap in Canada had a Zody with a V8, but that was RHD so obviously imported.
Gary
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I never knew that about Zephyrs, we had lots of them here in Canada, I almost bought one when I was in high school. The Zephyr and Consul were quite popular as I recall, there is still this Consul about two miles away from me in the woods but it is scrap.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Yikes!
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Cross posted from Wanted.

I am toying with the idea of adding a little oomph to my new Mk2 Zephyr. The stock car has 84bhp, but if you add a MK3 Zodiac head, carb and exhaust manifold it leaps to 109bhp. So, if any of my good Canadian pals should come across a wrecked Zody I would be most interested.
Gary
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Did the Mk3 get imported to Canada? I don't recall seeing one of those, just a lot of Mk2 versions.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock