Time to upgrade the forum?

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
stanchfi
Site Admin

Time to upgrade the forum?

Post by stanchfi »

The current version of the forum is getting quite a bit outdated, and does not work well on mobile devices. I think it is about time to update.

I've been on several forums that after "updating" lost a significant portion of their users, and I hope that won't happen here.

Does anybody have suggestions on forums and/or forum software that they think would be an improvement?

Also, do you thin it would be better to upgrade the current forum, and hope it does not break, or should the old forum remain "as-in" and we can start with another "clean" forum?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
-James
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

I don't use any mobile devices, or Facebook (whatever that is) so I got nothing except I like it as it is.
Gary the Luddite.
the older i get,the faster i went...
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Same here. Old fashion like Gary. Why risk updating if you may lose a portion of their users.
BigFred

Post by BigFred »

I'm on a New Jersey fishing forum that has the exact same layout, color scheme, fonts, buttons, etc as this forum (only the subject matter is different) and I have no problems accessing that forum via my smartphone (iPhone). Haven't tried to access this forum via my phone yet, but I'm not sure why I would ever need to do that. If you're looking for votes, I vote to keep this forum the way it is. I'm a relatively new member though.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I am strictly a Lap Top guy so the Forum has always worked for me the way it is, I don't have a lot of other Forum experience though aside from 100e.com so it's hard to compare?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Will it be available in 8 track?

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

Sounds like I'll leave things the way they are for now. Thanks for the feedback!

Doug, the forum will continue to be available on 8-track, but Quadraphonic sound will not be available without an upgrade. :-)

-James
enfoprefect

Post by enfoprefect »

I agree with the others. I don't really think I am a luddite but I don't really need my 4 inch phone screen for the forums when I have this nice 22 inch monster here. Oh, and thanks for providing it in any form.
Bayless
1948 Prefect E93A
http://sailok.com/enfoprefect
MichaelsVintageRacing

Post by MichaelsVintageRacing »

I'm on a couple of BMW forums which use vBulletin and they seem to work well on any device.
Ever considered vintage racing? Learn more about it and our shop at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

I have to say I'm with the if it ain't broke don't fix it crowd too. I also don't use mobile devises.
European Ford Collector