Hunting a 60's Anglia with little to go on

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
Frantz

Hunting a 60's Anglia with little to go on

Post by Frantz »

I work in commercial truck sales at a Ford dealership and had an odd request on Saturday. A couple came in and asked for whoever was the old car buff. They were brought back to me and asked if I knew any way to track down an old car. Their father owned it back in the early/mid 70s. They said it was an Anglia, which I only knew to be an old Euro Ford, and didn't even realize they sold em over here. Anyhow, I let them know that the car probably needed an alternator or something in the 80s and likely had been scrapped. I also felt if the car had been a survivor it wouldn't be too hard to find because of how uncommon they are. At this time I don't have a VIN. I know the car was registered to a Casimir Malys on the 700 block of Laurel Blvd in Pottsville Pa, probably in 1973-1974 time frame. It's a two door, white with blue top and accent stripe. They didn't know of any body damage that had been repaired or too much about the car. Their father passed away and they thought it might be nice to have something to remember him by. I love a good hunt for an old car so despite the odds I have tossed my hat in the ring. I've given them some paperwork to look for (insurance cards, registrations, owners manuals, service cards, etc) in his old files, but for now I just have the above information and a picture. Any thoughts? Know what year it is?

Image[/img]
-Doug Frantz
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Welcome, Two-tone Anglias imported to N.America with the separate parking lights on the Grille were usually 124E models. If they had the VIN
we can be more precise on the month and year produced.
This forum is a good place to find an Anglia for sale.
Frantz

Post by Frantz »

Someone suggested it's a 1959-1965 due to the lack of amber turn signals. Does that sound correct? Were the lights the same so that someone could get an older lens and pop it in?
-Doug Frantz
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

It's hard to say the exact year by the picture. Earlier Anglias had the clear parking light lenses. An additional parking light next to flasher unit would indicate >65. Amber and clear lenses are identical in shape. My '66 Anglia
has the clear lenses by choice.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

What a quest! Hopefully Reggie from the Chicago area will see this thread has he has probably seen more of these cars than anyone else. Someone can correct me if I' wrong, but over here at least I think the two-tone paint treatment was reserved for the 124E (1200) and would have started about 1964 and run until the last cars were sold here in '67. BTW, the NA spec 1963 models had a unique grille, so we can rule out MY '63 on this car.
European Ford Collector