Last ride of the season

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
stanchfi
Site Admin

Last ride of the season

Post by stanchfi »

I was able to get the Anglia out one more time before the onset of winter this weekend.

I drove her about 30 miles down to the middle school where my wife works as a librarian. There were having a book fair/Halloween party, titled "Haunted Hollywood" and they advertised that the "flying car from the Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets" movie would be there.

The kids all loved the car, and I even saw a few parents trying to figure out what kind of car it is. I heard a mother on a cell phone..."I don't know, it's a small 2 door car...."

This was the furtherest I had driven her. She ran great at about 50mph the whole trip!

-James
IFHP
Site Admin

School Anglia

Post by IFHP »

James,

Good Show...!

Michael
reggie

man

Post by reggie »

Man everytime you show this car I loose it .. I had the option to purchase this car and I didnt because I did not have room .. and felt it was going to take a little more wrk Than I wanted to do. But I got room now (I recently sold one of my 442 (so I have room for 2 Anglia's) Selling???? :) :) Maybe next year I will Bring My Anglia out and we can Both Cruise!!!!!!!!!!!
Reggie
"god made Adam & Eve for a reason"
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

Once you see the car up close, I don't think you will be quite so jealous. When you pay less that $1,000 for a paint job, you get what you pay for :-)
Though as long as you are 10 feet away, or the car is going over 30mph, it looks great!

-James
toni

Post by toni »

James, it was a great opportunity to expose kids to old cars, and after all, they are the next generation to caretake these machines. Perhaps I am noticing it more, but there appears to be an upswing in youth attending vintage car shows. That's good.
Toni