100E front anti roll bar

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
mark

100E front anti roll bar

Post by mark »

Has anyone here used a second sway bar (clamped to the stock bar) to help with the roll? Is it worth adding? Is it just a stock bar with the ends cut off?
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I have made one up out of an original bar, ends sawed off and 4 alloy blocks made to attach it to the original. I won't know though how well it works or not until I get my car on the road???
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Additional s/bar will result in under steer you would also need to install a stabilizer bar in the rear. My 105E has both front and rear stabilizers.
105E f/stab is similar to a 100E. 100E track is a bit wider but after cutting off the ends of the 105E it should work fine.
JAN

Post by JAN »

peteleo wrote:Additional s/bar will result in under steer you would also need to install a stabilizer bar in the rear. My 105E has both front and rear stabilizers.
105E f/stab is similar to a 100E. 100E track is a bit wider but after cutting off the ends of the 105E it should work fine.
I have a secondary ordinary 1ooE ARB as described by Brett. I also have an additional leaf added below the main leaf in the rear springs. This reduced body roll and gave increased oversteer, which the additional ARB balances nicely.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

JAN wrote:
peteleo wrote:Additional s/bar will result in under steer you would also need to install a stabilizer bar in the rear. My 105E has both front and rear stabilizers.
I have a secondary ordinary 1ooE ARB as described by Brett. I also have an additional leaf added below the main leaf in the rear springs. This reduced body roll and gave increased oversteer, which the additional ARB balances nicely.
Those are encouraging words to hear, I also have fit an additional full length leaf at the rear and am hoping for a reasonably balanced ride, one day I will get her on the road.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

peteleo wrote: 105E f/stab is similar to a 100E. 100E track is a bit wider but after cutting off the ends of the 105E it should work fine.
The 105e bar is quite close to the 100e in shape but a little narrower but you might be able to clamp them together, I seem to recall that one is slightly thicker too. Here is a 100e and 105e bar sitting together, you see the difference. I will be using two 100e bars but may experiment later with a mix?
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
mark

Post by mark »

Wonder if anyone has ever used the 105E bar in conjunction with the 100E bar? I have a spare 105E bar. If it is not lined up vertically, do you think it will try to rotate the clamps?
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

mark wrote:Wonder if anyone has ever used the 105E bar in conjunction with the 100E bar? I have a spare 105E bar. If it is not lined up vertically, do you think it will try to rotate the clamps?
It might?? And as I mentioned before I thought there might be a slight difference in the thickness of the bars too, I don't have the parts here to confirm the size.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock