back up camera ?

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
mark

back up camera ?

Post by mark »

hi all, I cannot see anything behind me while backing up in the 300E. The peep mirrors barely help and the back glass is no help either. So I am thinking of a back up camera...has anyone bought an after market camera and what are your thoughts/preferences?
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

It must be a challenge with the tiny rear windows on the Thames? What size are your peep mirrors? I originally tried the 3 inch peep on my Anglia and found them to be insufficient , the 4 inch was a big improvement but mine is not a van of course.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Brett Wilkie wrote:It must be a challenge with the tiny rear windows on the Thames? What size are your peep mirrors? I originally tried the 3 inch peep on my Anglia and found them to be insufficient , the 4 inch was a big improvement but mine is not a van of course.
Off Topic:

Love the colour,

Would love to do that but sadly no time, Anglia will be white?

Need some mirrors soon, so I'll be following this.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Langlia wrote:
Brett Wilkie wrote:It must be a challenge with the tiny rear windows on the Thames? What size are your peep mirrors? I originally tried the 3 inch peep on my Anglia and found them to be insufficient , the 4 inch was a big improvement but mine is not a van of course.
Off Topic:

Love the colour,

Would love to do that but sadly no time, Anglia will be white?

Need some mirrors soon, so I'll be following this.
Don't apologize, white is a good colour for hiding many sins, my 100e Anglia will be white similar to this car.
My old 105e was also white before I left a lot of it's paint on the Boundary Bay Air Port.
But that was back in the good old "bad" days.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
mark

Post by mark »

Brett, is that you next to the 105e? looks like you tried to lower the roof?

I bought the 4". I also put a shortened 105E interior mirror inside the car (to fit between the sun visors)...not sure if it ever had one. I cannot even tell if a full size pick up is behind me with it...the way the rear doors are made...the metal between the rear glass completely blocks the view.
The drivers side mirror is not too bad but passenger side is farther away and quite limited on field of view, but better than nothing. The rear passenger side and the back of the car is one huge blind spot....making it a little un-nerving backing up into a parking space. I use my son as a spotter whenever backing in or out of a parking space.
Prices on these cameras seem reasonable ...wanted to see if anyone has tried any.