Euro-Fords in Print

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
IFHP
Site Admin

Euro-Fords in Print

Post by IFHP »

My Feb 08 copy of Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car arrived to day and I was delighted to see a full feature article/road test on a 1966 Lotus Cortina. It has been a year or two since HS&EC last did a feature like this on a Euro-Ford.

The featured car is owned by Lewis Hann of Torrance, CA (who I do not know) Lewis found the car in inoperable condition in 2002 and has done a very nice restoration job on it. Really nice to see.

http://www.hemmings.com/subscribe/trial ... ce=SUBFRM4

Michael

PS -- I have been meaning to compile a list of Euro-Fords (located in North America) featured in magazine over the past 24-months or so. I will add such a list to this thread later.
IFHP
Site Admin

January 2008 Classic Ford

Post by IFHP »

Looks like Norm Murdock's (ex Edsel Ford II) RS Capri is in the January 2008 issue of the UK magazine Classic Ford.

I also understand that CF will be doing a section on Capris in the USA, similar to what they did on Cortinas in the USA back in 2006.

http://www.classicfordmag.co.uk/
Rocky Leitch

Post by Rocky Leitch »

I'm told that Performance Ford did an article
on the XR4Ti in it's Jan. '08 edition.
I did see bits and pieces of the article on the
Merkur owners site. :D

Rocky
Kar-girl
IFHP
Site Admin

Famous Over There March 08

Post by IFHP »

Following up on his Lotus Cortina road test article in the February issue of Hemmings Sports and Exotic, writer Jeff Koch tackled the Mk I & II Cortinas in his column Famous Over There in the March issue.

It is a good article though I did write Jeff about his poor choice of words in describing the 105E Anglia as "creaky old" (the truth was the complete opposite). Jeff concluded the article asking where have all the U.S. spec Cortina's gone? I let Jeff know that his home of southern California is the Cortina capital of the Americas and offered to put him in touch with local Cortina enthusiasts if he would like.

Previous Fords featured in Famous Over There are the Fiesta and the Merkur XR4Ti.
IFHP
Site Admin

August 2008 Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car

Post by IFHP »

August 2008 Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car

I just read through my Aug 08 issue of Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car today. Jeff Koch has two Merkur articles this issue. His Famous Over There Column is about the Scorpio. Jeff also wrote this month’s Buyer’s Guide, which features a 200,000 mile ’89 XR4Ti still owned by the original owner.

Pretty Cool
IFHP
Site Admin

Collectible Automobile 10/08

Post by IFHP »

My Oct 08 issue of Collectible Automobile arrived yesterday and it has a very nice (and well written) photo feature article on a 1949 Anglia owned by a Doug & Marlene Munro of Kinmount, ON. Don't know them or the car, but it is nice. Glad to see it.

Michael
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

September 08 edition of Automobile has a nice 2 page article on 1963-66 Lotus Cortinas.

Nice to see English Fords getting some press

-James
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

Cortinas are also mentioned, and used as an illustration in this article

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/c ... index.html

I thought I had posted it previously, but can't find it now

-James
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

All the more interesting now that Ford has announced it will be asembling six European models within four years.

BTW, I'm happy to say that Jamie Kitman is an EFONA member.

Michael
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

My Oct '08 Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car arrived this week, reminding me that I never mentioned the Ford related items in the Sept issue -- a review of Graham Robsion's new Capri book, a DYI article on restoring Ro-Style wheels and an article on the Pebble Beach Concours with a picture showing (part of) Gary Wright's French Ford Comete in the background.

The October issue has an article on Ford of England's experimental Comuta electric car of 1967.

Michael
IFHP
Site Admin

Capri LFM

Post by IFHP »

Coming soon, a 1973 Capri 2600 will be featured in the January 2009 issue of Legendary Ford Magazine.

http://www.legendaryfordmagazine.com/prev026.htm
IFHP
Site Admin

Road & Track Nov 2008

Post by IFHP »

Road & Track, November 2008

Past Road & Track Fiesta Covers

Last edited by IFHP on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IFHP
Site Admin

Capri in LFM

Post by IFHP »

Legendary Ford Magazine, January/February 2009

The January-February issue of Legendary Ford Magazine has a article by Norm Murdock on a immaculate low-milage 1973 Capri 2600. This is anew ground for LFM, hope they feature more Euro-Fords in the future.

Michael
Last edited by IFHP on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IFHP
Site Admin

Classic Motorsports, March 2009

Post by IFHP »

Classic Motorsports, March 2009

I don’t usually buy the magazine Classic Motorsports, but I had to buy the March 2009 issue. Much my surprise this issue has a five page article on “England’s Overlooked Family-Friendly Classics. Three cars are profiled, a 100E Anglia, a Mk II Zephyr and a Humber Super Snipe Series III. The author is David S. Wallens and the cars he drove for the article were from the collection of Kip Motor Company in Texas. Very nice to see.
Michael

http://classicmotorsports.net/
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Collectible Automobile, August 2009

The latest issue of Collectible Automobile arrived this weekend and there is a (short) profile of the original Federal spec Fiesta for this issue's "Cheap Wheels" feature.

Michael