issue with icon?

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
mark

issue with icon?

Post by mark »

hi all,
in trying to post an image, I noticed all the icons above this text box are "square boxes". Only when you hover over them can I get a description of the icon. When I click on the "square box" for the "insert image", text appears in this message window instead of a new window popping up....as shown here:
Image ...... (Note: here I see "[ img][/img]" in my draft )

There are "sq. boxes" elsewhere on the page instead of the icons, not just above this text box window.

I tried several browsers, two laptops, and the cell phone....all have the same "square box" instead of the pictured icons.

is there something wrong with the website, or is it operator error again? any ideas?

I would insert a snapshot of this if I could.
joeyramone30

Re: issue with icon?

Post by joeyramone30 »

Same here on an android.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Test
grannyonvalium.jpg
grannyonvalium.jpg (13.67 KiB) Viewed 1948 times
Looks okay (other than my driving) :D
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I had given up ages ago trying to use the tools on this site, I create picture codes on a different site and use them here with never an issue. Just for experiment sake, I will try the tools here again. The word Image appears only so it still doesn't work.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Brett Wilkie wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:26 am I had given up ages ago trying to use the tools on this site, I create picture codes on a different site and use them here with never an issue. Just for experiment sake, I will try the tools here again. The word Image appears only so it still doesn't work.
I just used the usual (tedious) method and up it popped.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Sideways wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:14 pm
Brett Wilkie wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:26 am I had given up ages ago trying to use the tools on this site, I create picture codes on a different site and use them here with never an issue. Just for experiment sake, I will try the tools here again. The word Image appears only so it still doesn't work.
I just used the usual (tedious) method and up it popped.
What is the prescribed method? I wish there was a flow chart or some such thing to show the exact navigation. I have never had any success using the tools here but I have been finding it easy when I am on my 100e site to create picture codes that seem to easily be saved and used on other sites.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

The problem here is reducing the size of the photo for this site to first accept it - attachments - add files - it and then to load it, then to insert it in line - and even then sometimes it just refuses to cooperate.
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Sideways wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:36 am The problem here is reducing the size of the photo for this site to first accept it - attachments - add files - it and then to load it, then to insert it in line - and even then sometimes it just refuses to cooperate.
Yes, the size is even an issue when I import picture codes, If I tried using one of my camera photos at 4 to 5 thousand pixel widths it just comes out as a giant poster size picture. I usually size them down to around 1800 pixel width.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock